Do you think Rampage will fight Emanuel Newton?

GusOwnsJones

White Belt
Reaction score
Do you think Rampage will fight Emanuel Newton? He said in the post-fight press conference that they have the same coach and they're like a family and he doesn't know how this is going to work.

I mean he's the winner of the Tournament and it will discredit Bellator's unique tournament system if he turns down the fight. Does Rampage have that much pull with Viacom and Bellator? We will find out how much "dick riding" Rebney really is doing soon enough. They obviously want him to be the champion and their golden goose, time will tell.

Mayweather-Counting.jpg

With a potential Tito fight looming now? I don't think he has to. He said before hand that Newton is the champ, he doesn't care about belts right now.

They will probably announce this fight, the Newton gets injured and Tito steps in.

Hmmm...so nobody thought of this beforehand and made fighting Newton a condition for him being in the tournament?

Hmmm...so nobody thought of this beforehand and made fighting Newton a condition for him being in the tournament?

Rampage entered the tourney when Vegh was champ. But it dosen't seem like they are that close anyway, because Newton wants the fight.

No surprise if Rampage/Tito happens. Bellator has wanted this fight ever since the two were signed. I thought both Tito and Rampage were going to lose (I think Rampage did lose) and make that fight easier to put together. Rampage should fight Newton, though. Many former training partners and fighters who had the same coach have fought before so this should not be that big a deal.

On the other hand... Newton is a high-risk low-reward for Page. His stock would go down if he loses against a guy relatively unknown.

What are Rampage's options?

1) Emanuel Newton (who he should fight)
2) Tito Ortiz (and a victory over Tito wouldn't bring Rampage's stock up at all but a loss would ruin his career)
3) Rematch vs Mo (that Mo is entitled too but it shouldn't happen)

Bellator should be sticking with their tournament format and since Rampage is the winner of that LHW tournament, he should be fighting Newton. Otherwise these tournaments are for nothing (only exception for moving away from the rules of the tournament would apply to Chandler, IMO).

Back