• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think prime Fedor would be able to compete in the octagon?

He could have went on a 10 year run against the UFC guys back in that era. Bums like Buentello and Justin Eilers filled the HW top ten.

Sorry, I have to retract my initial statement.

You just proved that the stupidest Fedor nuthuggers do believe he could've gone 10 years undefeated in the UFC.

Able to compete? Definitely.

Go 10 years undefeated? Zero chance.

A prime Fedor is still more well rounded than the great majority of current heavyweights. The heavyweight division is the least developed, seems like they're a good 10 years behind all of the other divisions skill-wise. Stipe/Francis for example reminded me of Couture's old demolition of Gonzaga.

Sorry, I have to retract my initial statement.

You just proved that the stupidest Fedor nuthuggers do believe he could've gone 10 years undefeated in the UFC.

He was undefeated in Pride from 2002 -2009.

The UFC champs from 2002-2009 were Mir, Barnett, Timmy, Arlovski, Big Nog, Carwin and Brock.

He already beat Nog, Timmy, Mir, Arlovski. So that's just Barnett, Carwin and Brock left.

It's debatable who would have won those matches, but it doesn't take a nuthugger to think he could beat those guys.

So in what way is that 'stupid'?

I could list you the names of all the UFC champs he's faced and beaten previously if that will help you?

He was undefeated in Pride from 2002 -2009.

The UFC champs from 2002-2009 were Mir, Barnett, Timmy, Arlovski, Big Nog, Carwin and Brock.

He already beat Nog, Timmy, Mir, Arlovski. So that's just Barnett, Carwin and Brock left.

It's debatable who would have won those matches, but it doesn't take a nuthugger to think he could beat those guys.

So in what way is that 'stupid'?

I could list you the names of all the UFC champs he's faced and beaten previously if that will help you?

It's stupid in the way that you seem to believe picking fights and beating former champions is the same as beating hungry #1 contenders on a regular basis.

You can't pick your championship fights in the UFC. Fedor was Pride champ and fought guys like Fujita, Ogawa and Zuluzinho in "non title fights" while holding the belt. Like wtf.

It's stupid in the way that you seem to believe picking fights and beating former champions is the same as beating hungry #1 contenders on a regular basis.

You can't pick your championship fights in the UFC. Fedor was Pride champ and fought guys like Fujita, Ogawa and Zuluzinho in "non title fights" while holding the belt. Like wtf.

UFC number one contenders were guys like Gan McGee, Paul Buentello and Justin Eilers. Which is those were better than Fedor? There's a reason Andre and Tim fought three times. The HW division was thinner than the boy with striped pyjamas.

Man do I hate teenagers and early 20s fuqqheads that think they know whats what.

Fedor will always be the G.O.A.T.

If you can keep your ADD under control, watch the fights...and not on your ridiculous fuqqin stupidphone that you cant stop peeking at every 17 seconda as if your a super busy business man or some chit.

And get the fuqq of my lawn too.

I've always thought Fedor got lazy and didn' t train the same later in his career. He stopped working his ground game almost entirely and became nothing more than a head-hunter. At the heavier weight classes that's often a kill or be killed proposition. He's gotten killed enough times now that his chin is shot and he had a good chin in Pride.

In my opinion, Fedor's last great fight was against Tim Sylvia way back in 2008. Even in the highlight reel KO's that followed that against Arlovski and Rogers, Fedor looked very hittable. I think the fact that Arlovski is still a top 10 HW shows prime Fedor would still be competitive. Andre sure the hell isn't the best version of himself nowadays either..

In before "never fought in the UFC LOL".

Just reminding all the whitebelts that PRIDE was the premiere MMA org and had the best fighters at the time.

"At the time" being the key word.

Pride folded 13 years ago. Fedor kept fighting.

Prime Fedor would have been more than competitive anywhere. He was slightly better suited to the ring than the cage, and he wouldn't have won 30 straight fights in the UFC, but he still would have been the best heavyweight on the planet from about 2003-2008.
<PlusJuan>

I've been watching combat sports for over 20 years now, and I'd make 2003-2005 Fedor Emelianenko the betting favorite against anyone from any era, period.

Absolutely, Derick Lewis is a top 5 HW. HW isn't as good as it was in Pride or when Strikeforce was around, it's one of the few divisions that are worse now than it was 5-12+ years ago.

The real question is Would Prime Fedor even fight in the Octagon..?

Fedor is 38-6 and was the #1 HW for 7 consecutive years.
To put that into perspective JDS is 21-6 and was the #1 HW for 1 year.

People that question Fedor's accolades aren't thinking clearly about the subject.

How many of those years was he in a cage?
Learn to read the OP and stay on topic.

Couture got out clinched and out wrestled by Big Nog, Prime Fedor would destroy Prime Couture.

What a double standard we have going.

How old was Couture when that fight took place? How were Nog and Fedor doing at that age? Oh that’s right, they haven’t even reached that age yet and they’re already looking laughably bad.

What a double standard we have going.

How old was Couture when that fight took place? How were Nog and Fedor doing at that age? Oh that’s right, they haven’t even reached that age yet and they’re already looking laughably bad.

Too bad Nog and Fedor didn't have the "help" that Hendo and "The Not Natural" Couture had.

Please, elaborate slow-ass Randy's path to victory against Fedor so I can laugh at your wrestler bias.

He and Cro Cop have a terrible record in the cage for a reason

It makes a big difference
The moronity in this forum knows no bounds. By the time either them got to the UFC, they had aged and had a lot of mileage/fights. Fighters wear down and fade away. It is just fact.

Also, in reference to some of the other moronic statements on this thread, the HW division has digressed. Look at your top competition... Ngannou is on everyone's mind as the next champ but he is basically a smaller Hong Man Choi. I like Stipe and DC but neither are multi-dimensional. In fact, a prime Randleman or Marco Coleman would run roughshod through today's competition, cage or no cage.

Lastly, however, Sherdog is famous for judging guys' careers based on their last fights, ala BJ Penn. Is normal, eapecially for morons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back