Do you think MMA fans are more or less loyal than other sports?

MMAislife69

natural heavyweight
@Orange
Reaction score
In basketball you have guys like Michael Jordan who are known as the GOAT and everyone respects them and their abilities, they have had some bad games but in general they were very dominant. Then you look at the MMA equivalent of Michael Jordan and you get Ronda Rousey and McGregor. When they lose a fight people immediately stab them in the back and start saying they were never good. Would NBA fans do the same to Michael Jordan or Lebron?

That's becuase NBA fans recognize Lebron and Jordan fully earned their places and aren't products of the hype machine.

Btw plenty of NBA players are criticized in the same way as Rousey and Mcgregor.

In basketball you have guys like Michael Jordan who are known as the GOAT and everyone respects them and their abilities, they have had some bad games but in general they were very dominant. Then you look at the MMA equivalent of Michael Jordan and you get Ronda Rousey and McGregor. When they lose a fight people immediately stab them in the back and start saying they were never good. Would NBA fans do the same to Michael Jordan or Lebron?

No to the bolded and HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE less loyal to the topic question.

No most MMA fans are fickle and enjoy turning on a fighter after one or two losses.

MJ has haters too though so does LBJ,Curry,KD,Etc. Cant make everyone happy

"Then you look at the MMA equivalent of Michael Jordan and you get Ronda Rousey and McGregor"

OUTTAH HERE!

tankout.jpg

Team sports are completely different there is blind love for anyone who wears your teams uniform

No most MMA fans are fickle and enjoy turning on a fighter after one or two losses.

Most other sports revolve around a city. Fans stay loyal based on that.

The greatest individual players ever have been subjected to booing and heckling during rough patches.

"These hoes ain't loyal."

Absolutely ridiculous comparison. MMA, Boxing other combat sports is all about the aura of invincibility. Comparing a loss in MMA or Boxing where you have I dunno 30 career fights to a few bad games in basketball where you play 82 in a season? Lebron would have to average 10 points 5 rebounds 2 Assists for a season to compare to 1 loss in fighting lol.

Then you look at the MMA equivalent of Michael Jordan and you get Ronda Rousey and McGregor.

giphy.gif

Team sports are completely different there is blind love for anyone who wears your teams uniform
this. the fans will turn on anyone that changes the jersey no matter what.

In a way it is similar tho cuz the more indepth you become the more dissension there is.

team sports are different. But I typically continue cheering for someone in any sport unless they do something that makes me stop (losing isn't one of those things). Team sports are more about the team but I kept cheering for Manning after he was cut by the Colts.

Absolutely ridiculous comparison. MMA, Boxing other combat sports is all about the aura of invincibility. Comparing a loss in MMA or Boxing where you have I dunno 30 career fights to a few bad games in basketball where you play 82 in a season? Lebron would have to average 10 points 5 rebounds 2 Assists for a season to compare to 1 loss in fighting lol.
It doesn't mean they have to be dicks about it.

So many fair weather fans out there
Too goddamn lazy and spoiled to buckled down and fanboy when their "favorites" get knocked off.

And even if LeBron did have a bad season like that it would be accepted that he's just past his prime and would now be a role player and no longer the centerpiece of the franchise, so even then he wouldn't get booed;

Back