Do you think Mighty Mouse is kicking himself for ducking TJ?

Its a business, if ONE is paying him more (esp with the esports tie in) then he probably regrets nothing, he did the right thing for him and his family. These guys dont make decisions based on what an internet forum thinks they should do.

This. He doesn't give a shit if we think he has balls or not. He himself knows he does and that's enough for him.

He gets to continue fighting flyweights and play video games every day... I doubt there is much in his life to regret at this point.

Mighty Mouse and Mousasi as well: sometimes you gamble and lose. That's life.

He was ducking Dillashaw, he was ducking the money the UFC offered.

I swear some people on this board hit every branch of the stupid tree.

I think MM would have out classed TJ and maybe finished him in the later rounds

MM ducked TJ? MM asked for money and Dana said no. MM gets injured and heals up. Dana told him to fight Cejudo.

Shamelessly ducking TJ was, IMO, the nail in the coffin for MM because he lost a ton of credibility in the eyes of the fans and the organization. Ducking a tough challenge to fight an opponent no one cares about just so you can get an easy way to break a record goes against what MMA stands for, and I think MM's stock plummeted afterwards.

Now you have a guy in Cejudo who could have taken the easy way like MM did, but he chose to step up to the plate and give fans an interesting fight, and he wipes the floor with TJ in 30 seconds.

I wonder if MM is kicking himself and wishes he could have man'd up and taken the challenge. Fortune favours the bold!

Didn't duck him. Was afraid TJ couldn't make weight and he'd have to take the risk of fighting him without a title defense on the line. Dude wanted his record can't blame him really. Also asking TJ to fight at 125 once before the MM fight seemed like a way to get TJ at 125 for two fights to help the division.

MM got 11 defenses. Two of his defenses are fucking shit up outside of the UFC. Then you've got the two fights against Joe B, Dodson and the Cjuedo win. Guy ain't a coward. I was a follower of that narrative before the Dodson rematch I learned my lesson.

No because I still believe TJ beats Mighty Mouse. Cejudo came out like a savage. That's not DJs style. His style is 'poetry and motion' as Cejudo says

Didn't duck him. Was afraid TJ couldn't make weight and he'd have to take the risk of fighting him without a title defense on the line.

LOL great excuse - "I was afraid my opponent wouldn't make weight!"

It was a total duck. He had no legit reason to believe TJ couldn't make the weight, he just wanted an easy fight to gaurantee the record, and that's a total bitch move.

LOL great excuse - "I was afraid my opponent wouldn't make weight!"

It was a total duck. He had no legit reason to believe TJ couldn't make the weight, he just wanted an easy fight to gaurantee the record, and that's a total bitch move.

Okay I can accept that at least you acknowledge it's cause the record and not cause he didn't think he could beat TJ. MM ducked Dodson too.

But this record is largely based on people fighting weaker rivals, AS's 10 defenses weren't the highest quality and GSP arguably lost the last of his eight and retired to avoid a rematch for a ninth.

AS did lose a defense to someone missing weight and fighting 205 three times though but that defense he lost was to a TUF fighter. AS wasn't worried about no record though cause he's the one who set it and back then it didn't matter so much. MM is a dude who didn't sell fights and who had a way to gain validation. Look at RW in the NBA trying to average that Triple Double people pad stats all the time.

Its a business, if ONE is paying him more (esp with the esports tie in) then he probably regrets nothing, he did the right thing for him and his family. These guys dont make decisions based on what an internet forum thinks they should do.

^This.

Also, the notion that MM's attempts to make stipulations for the Dillashaw fight is what turned fans against him is laughable.

He was never liked as champ from day one. Everybody wanted McCall or Benavidez at the top of that division. Shertards shit on MM's abilities as a fighter non-stop until he KO'd Joe B in the rematch. After that, when it became clear that he was head and shoulders above the rest of the division, it was years of silent resentment until Dana tried to force him to fight TJ and the people who always hated him got a new cudgel to attack him with.

Shamelessly ducking TJ was, IMO, the nail in the coffin for MM because he lost a ton of credibility in the eyes of the fans and the organization. Ducking a tough challenge to fight an opponent no one cares about just so you can get an easy way to break a record goes against what MMA stands for, and I think MM's stock plummeted afterwards.

Now you have a guy in Cejudo who could have taken the easy way like MM did, but he chose to step up to the plate and give fans an interesting fight, and he wipes the floor with TJ in 30 seconds.

I wonder if MM is kicking himself and wishes he could have man'd up and taken the challenge. Fortune favours the bold!
Yea I think he misses the president of his company openly shitting on him and his entire division over his 8 figure contract

DJ never ducked that fight.

He said he wanted his full pay guaranteed in the event that TJ missed weight. Dana declined, because as we know, fighters have no advocacy. The rule is 'kiss the ring or else' and DJ decided he had more personal dignity than that.

Look at Romero missing weight, then being rewarded with a title shot, missing weight again. There is virtually no punishment and you get a huge advantage. Until that gets fixed, these guys are right to ask for assurances.

Dana treated DJ like he wasn't interested in promoting him and they are both better off how this worked out. DJ is without doubt one of the most well rounded, technical, talented fighters in the history of the sport and he's not signed to the UFC.

Cejudo had a lot less to lose in taking the fight with TJ than MM did. The only thing this showed about DJ is how fucking good he was that he finished Cejudo and arguably had a draw or a win if not for a couple of takedowns that led to nothing.

I doubt it people aren't giving Henry the respect he deserves for winning the fight anyways. His post fight press conference was full of disrespect it's embarrassing to even watch

~DaViD~

I thought aside from the pregnant comment (did not make sense) he did great at speaking against the negative questions.

Nah. He is glad he got kicked out of ufc. He is qith a better organization

Lmao im glad at least the fans are rubbing it in on Mouses face. That's what he gets. Hopefully Cejudo makes more $$$ than Mouse in 2 fights for getting us rid of that disgusting Mouse and his no risk boring ass. Already Cejudo and TJ have given us more to talk about than Mouse in 10 years. Keep shitting on him guys

Not at all.

Getting paid more to work with a good mate, beats getting paid less to work for a child who hated you.

Um he fought a nobody instead of TJ because it was safer in his mind.

Yeah, I bet that MM is crying right now because of how badly Ben Askren got treated in One...

ben-askren-1.png

Ya'll are crazy for hating on MM. Dana wanted a super fight and MM wanted super fight money. Dana said no.

I'd love to see you all at your places of business kissing the boss' behind like you all wanted MM to do.

Back