Do you think Luke Rockhold could beat Anderson at that time he fought Chris?

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Going back Chris suppose to fight A. Silva but got injured and Luke is the replacement..

Do you think Luke can beat or KO the Spider or the other way around?

[YT]kywrc5mgUmQ[/YT]

Rockhold is a good fighter but he isn't tough enough to beat the real top dogs.. Watch in this upcoming fight vs Weidman, on paper its even but in the cage Weidman will murk him.

I think Silva would KO him today if they fought.

No idea, but that's some egregious back of the head work at 0:18 in the posted video.

Yes, he would have beat him as a Bonnar or Okami replacement, too.

No, that wasn't prime Luke yet, the actual Luke, yes

i don't think so. although he is a beast of a grappler, he doesn't have the takedowns to keep anderson worrying thus he will get blasted on the stand up

Rockhold is a good fighter but he isn't tough enough to beat the real top dogs.. Watch in this upcoming fight vs Weidman, on paper its even but in the cage Weidman will murk him.

Wasn't Machida a top dog?

The way Anderson was clowning in the first fight, I say many fighters would have KO'd him.

In the 2nd fight he was not looking so hot either, then of course "SNAP.. AHHHHHHhhhhh"

Hard to tell if Anderson was gonna turn it on or not.

Rockhold would slowly pull the spider's limbs off, one by one.

Luke is an extremely dislikeable person. A man self absorbed in his own ego and pride. With that being said, I still think he will beat Weidman and could have beaten Anderson.

Last edited:
Not a fan of talking of the past , but in my mind he will be next champ , pretty big for a div, good kicks insane jiu jitsu the best user of the art in all mma all rounded with some above good skills.

If we're talking Weidman-Silva 1 then I don't see many giving Luke much of a chance, given his recent loss to Belfort whom Silva beat handily.

A significant part of Silva's mythical status was smashed by Weidman in that fight, but not all of it.

I would guess a poll at the time of Weidman-Silva 1 would be 1 or 2 % in Rockhold's favour and the rest in favour of Silva.

By the time of Weidman-Silva 2 it would perhaps be 5 to 10% in favour of Rockhold and rest in Silva's favour.

Nowadays I'd guess the majority would be on Rockhold's side.

not sure, probably? but I think 2013 Vitor would have totally murdered that Silva

Of course Rockhold wouldn't beat Silva.
People forget, but Silva really got into Weidman's head in the 1st round of the first bout. But Weidman came back completely focused on the 2nd round. That's how strong his mentality is and the reason he won ( I agree Anderson clowned a bit too much, but that was part of his game).

Rockhold doesn't have that strong mentality Weidman does and would be clowned and KO'd.

Nowadays I give a chance to anyone that fights Anderson, his spirit is broken.

Machida isn't a "top dog"?

Hard to tell if Anderson was gonna turn it on or not.

LOL not hard at all really. His lights were turned out when he was trying to do his "matrixing" which had made him the "invincible goat" he was at the time. Then the next fight he was dominated from the start to cripple.

He was outclassed everywhere the fight went and finished rather quickly both times. Maybe he turned it on in the hospital?

Back