Do you think K-1 Ubereem can beat Werdum on the ground?(Lesnar vs Mir)

Andy Anderson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

overeem_beats_werdum_at_strikeforce_but_fails_to_impress.jpg

Ubereem was a beast back in his K-1 days. Do you think K-1 Ubereem can beat Werdum on the ground like what Lesnar did to Mir?
Imagine there're no drug tests. We will see how good Werdum's ground game is.

Last edited:
I think werdum is on a different level then mir on the ground. He has the best Bjj in heavyweight of all time imo, and one of the best in the Ufc (that sounds like Joe rogan saying it)

Uhm what? Who is K1 Ubereem exactly? You mean the same Ubereem he fought in strikeforce? Doesn't matter the answer is no, although Overeem is a great grappler and may have been able to stalemate Werdum as long as he held the top position

I think werdum is on a different level then mir on the ground. He has the best Bjj in heavyweight of all time imo, and one of the best in the Ufc (that sounds like Joe rogan saying it)
I agree with this and will add. Werdum is leagues above Mir, but it is arguable that Mir is #2 with #3 being nearly as far behind Mir as Mir is behind Werdum. (hope that makes sense)

What kinda drugs u use and your brain can produce those questions??

I agree with this and will add. Werdum is leagues above Mir, but it is arguable that Mir is #2 with #3 being nearly as far behind Mir as Mir is behind Werdum. (hope that makes sense)

Theres also the fact that Werdums chin is way better than Mirs, and he's way better at avoiding damage. Mir had been pounded out on the ground before, no ones even hurt Werdum.

Reem spent quite a bit of time in Werdum's guard in the 2nd fight and Hunt did so recently, as well.

It would be very hard to beat Werdum on the ground. Even with a great striker with ko power like Overeem on top of him, Werdum is going to maneuver around on his back to reduce damage and look for subs or sweeps. I would say not even 10% chance.

The last place anyone wants to be is in Werdum's guard anyway. So its just not very likely to happen

Theres also the fact that Werdums chin is way better than Mirs, and he's way better at avoiding damage. Mir had been pounded out on the ground before, no ones even hurt Werdum.

True. Not sure if there's anyone as good as Werdum when it comese to avoiding gnp/damage when on his back. He's hardly ever got hit while on his back, spending lots of time there... Mir not so much.

To clarify I simply meant MMA grappling, not MMA all around fighter. If Mir's head was smaller (check his ego) and his jaw stronger he would have been one of the greats, but "if if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas".

Werdum's guard is the most dangerous place in all of MMA.

Put Werdum against the most juiced version of Reem and give him no time limit or at least a 10 minute first round and he will break the Reem down sub him sooner or later. I guarantee it.

This question was already answered when they fought by their actions.

He might be able to defend himself from top position for a while. But beating him? No way unless Werdum is already extremely gassed and Reem is fresh.

And regarding that comparison: Brock's top game >>>>Reem's top game and Werdum>Mir. Reem is good on top but Werdum is a monster on the ground.

Mir is decent at catching subs from his back, Werdum is absolutely world class in any position.
If Mir and Werdum roll, Mir is getting embarrassed

Don't think he will better haha. But overeem is strong with good control, would love to see it.

Define 'beat'. Overreem could stay in Werdum's guard and survive, maybe even land a little gnp to win the round. But he isn't gong to pass guard, he probably isn't going to land any significant strikes, and he's always going to be in danger of being submitted.

Back