Do you think it will become a new thing where fighters get mocked for losing on Sherdog?

I don't think so,

I think it is only fighters who talk a lot of shit.

Aldo hasn't been mocked too bad for what happened the only people that mock him are the uneducated Conor nuthuggers (not the actual knowledgeable Conor fans) because they know he is a good guy and a great fighter.

Ronda's is due to how much shit she talked and how overhyped she was and shoved down everybody's throats.

I think if Conor loses in embarrassing fashion would happen to him as well, just because of all the shit talking, the callouts to WW etc. although I think he has proved he is a legitimately good fighter so nobody should doubt that even if RDA handles him.

Isn't that what sherdog is for? Just imagine Mcg's fall from grace. Hell we hal;f did it to GSP for getting a close decision.

Any fighter who talks trash in victory deserves to be mocked in defeat.

Fortunately there are very few fighters that act as classless as ronda

Hendricks Cain weidman ronda Aldo bader ya I think it's a given that if you lose a ufc main event your reputation goes down the crap per with sherdog ...or heck mma fans in general. Just the way fans think now unless the loser puts on a Condit or Gustafsonlike performance

Hendricks Cain weidman ronda Aldo bader ya I think it's a given that if you lose a ufc main event your reputation goes down the crap per with sherdog ...or heck mma fans in general. Just the way fans think now unless the loser puts on a Condit or Gustafsonlike performance

Doesn't mean it is right.

Doesn't mean it is right.
Trust me it is not right it's sad how most fans have no respect to losing fighters anymore and it really sucks for me because it has been a long time since a fighter I have been rooting for has won but there's nothing really we can do about it except let it pass

I will not back down to the bullies and internet tough guys.
On topic, the vehemence with which some of the guys here hate on a fighter is too much. It's a bad look, IMO. However, we don't come here to be civil, we come to get away, and any courtesy/deference/temperance is just a plus. I know more than once I've had a bad day and taken it out here through choice sarcasm, cutting remarks, and dry skepticism.

They don't lose on Sherdog.
They lose in the octogan.
dankeyKankClue.jpg

Its not like people made fun of Rashad or Bisping or Cain or Gus (or pretty much every single fighter who got shooped) after their losses or anything.
Yeah I mean, the Rashad fight...did that even happen? I don't even know what the finish looked like.......

Ronda is clearly the the first fighter to be made fun of for losing. What happens if it becomes a trend. If Michael Bisping gets KOd by Anderson Silva will posters be happy and make fun of him? The loser of RDA and Conor might suffer the same fate.

Frankly, I don't like this new version of Sherdog and I will consider leaving if this type of behavior continues.
Hi, you must be new here...just write your name on this sticker and place it on your shirt...you're gonna love it here!

hello-my-name-is.jpg

#RondaRouseyRevolution

What a trend setter. Where would MMA be without H3?

There's a fine line between mocking a fighter postfight and enjoying seeing someone lose. I enjoyed watching her lose. I enjoyed watching Holm win. I enjoyed seeing and watching the fight.

I wouldn't mock her for her effort. However, public figures are free to be criticized when it's appropriate and warranted.

Also, she is far from the first fighter to be mocked for a loss. Primo Carnera was mocked heavily for his heavyweight championship boxing loss to Max Baer in the 1930s. In the UFC this isn't even the first time. Remember poor Charlie Brenneman?

Back