Do you think hendricks beat GSP?

GSP haters going to hate. This is useless. Don't have anything better to do with their sad little lives. I couldn't resist! Lol

So how then did Penn lose to Edgar at UFC 112?

Penn didn't even need any help from the judges, all they had to do was score it correctly and Penn would have retained the belt. By any measure the champ outstruck Edgar in all the first 3 rounds.

By your theory Dillashaw should not have lost to Cruz as well. I could give you other examples.
I'm sure you could but Cruz did enough to take it it from tj. Boxed him in, landed strikes got out, and did It again over and over.

That's a very bad philosophy. What you're describing is champion bias. There should be no bias. Both fighters should be treated equally in scoring. If a contender fought better than the champion even to such a small degree as 51% to 49%, the win should still go to the 51% fighter. What you're saying gets repeated by many MMA fans, and it needs to stop.

There's a reason I think people have adopted this reasoning. In MMA, obviously styles make fights. That produces rock-paper-scissors scenarios, where there isn't one single fighter who can beat absolutely everyone. Thus, when a particularly dominant fighter like GSP loses, but only slightly, he might still be viewed as the best fighter, and thus still the rightful champion due to his dominance and the narrow manner of his loss. I think looking at an example of a non-dominant champion illustrates what I mean:

Let's say Woodley fights Wonderboy. And let's say Wonderboy edges him on the scorecards. Does Woodley, the inactive fighter on a 3-fight win streak, deserve the win over Wonderoby, who fought better and is on the best streak in the division? Clearly, Wonderboy deserves the win here, and is rightful champion.
It is very champion biased. I didn't say it was a good way to score fights but that's how judges in mma seem to look at fights.

overall yes, but with the 10 pt must system its possible gsp won, hendro just won his rounds far more

This. Is TS talking damage? TS, you said you think Hendricks won but what rounds do you think he won? Whoever won 3 rounds, won that night, doesn't matter how they won it. Johnny shouldn't have gone full 70%, never go full 70%.

Seriously i watched the fight at a packed bar and nobody understood the decision

Anyone who says Hendricks clearly won are saying that he clearly won the 1st and it's an incredible stupid thing to say.

1st round:
GSP 19 significant strike for a total of 26
Hendricks 18 significant strikes for a total of 27

And then GSP had a sub attempt and had better control of the octagon.

Hendricks certainly didn't "clearly won".

Some people are simply overrating the elbows Hendricks threw. Which is funny, because those same people are probably thinking that GSP hates being hit and plays it safe. So, I guess that if GSP hates being hit, it means that if the elbows were that vicious, GSP would have just gone out of the way. He had all the space he wanted to retreat, but he stayed right there and took them... So I doubt those elbows hit that hard considering GSP's personality.

It was already not a robbery, but now with Hendricks getting worst with USADA and refusing to get tested for this fight, we should just put this matter to rest.

Hendricks lack of consistency after makes the fight an afterthought. He never went on to be the next great WW. If GSP returns, there won't be any rematch with Hendricks on the downside so bad.

how did GSP win the first round is what i dont get, all GSP fans say that.
My opinion is that the first round, and thus the entire fight, was a draw. However, if you have to give it to someone, I give it to GSP. It's not crazy to say Hendricks won the round; I just don't agree. The only thing I am really sure of is to call it a robbery is fucking stupid and/or delusional.

48-47 Hendricks

Most people hate Hendricks tho so a lot of them will have bias in the way and have GSP winning, lol. Close fight but I feel Hendricks deserved it

48-47 for the Poster Boy.

He scratched and clawed to win 1 and 3 by an inch, and Johny no-showed for rd 5. Johny clearly got the better of him in 2 and 4- and by a bigger margin- but those weren't 10-8s, at that time. I'll have to rewatch it with the "Duration/Dominance/Damage" in mind , but I had it 48-47 GSP.

Johnny won with Pride rules but GSP won with 10 point system. No robbery.

GSP landed double the significant strikes in rounds 3 & 5. I thought he clearly won those rounds. Round 1 was the question mark and GSP actually landed 1 more significant strike than Johnny and also had a takedown.

If you want to blame anyone for Johnny's loss, you should blame him for taking the 5th round off and doing nothing in that last round. The win was right there for him but he took the round off.
I see this all the time and I think it shows a lack of understanding of the Pride philosophy. They almost always gave close fights to the guy who looked strongest at the end of the fight and that would be GSP. This argument holds no more water than a colander.

Coming from a lifetime super GSP fan I do think he lost that fight; I don't believe any of the rumors surrounding it relating to his retirement etc; but I think he lost a close decision

I'm sure you could but Cruz did enough to take it it from tj. Boxed him in, landed strikes got out, and did It again over and over.

over and over... but somehow the amount of total strikes landed were the same.
It looks like you are a good story teller. let me tell ya.
Over and over.. in and out.. all night. lol

I think GSP won. And I'm happy he did especially seeing Hendricks skid post USADA.

Back