Do you think Gordon Ryan will ever compete in MMA?

Do you think Gordon Ryan will ever compete in MMA?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's one of the greatest grapplers ever if not the greatest.

Do you think he'll ever test himself in MMA?

UAoTVX-U_400x400.jpg

No he won't imo.
He's making a ton of money doing BJJ without basically any restrictions.
I also don't think his style would translate well to MMA. He isn't very explosive, has mediocre wrestling, and is more of a slow technician.
Someone more like Nicky Rod or Mica Galvao would be better suited imo.

Nope, but he would be the scariest grappler in MMA, no one would fuck with him on the ground. He just subbed freak athlete Nicky Rod in like 2 minutes without breaking a sweat. He breaks down outstanding grapplers down with ease it’s kinda freaky. He’d need to really hone his striking and change to Costa’s clean juice but he’d sub anyone on the ground in a minute.

Maybe ONE where Chatari will feed him cans and look the other way while he's ingesting every PED known to man (while going on about martial arts honour).

He's a butt flopper who'd get wrecked by anyone with any type of TDD and would never make it past any org that takes PED testing somewhat serious.

If you've seen him recently the dude looks like he's approaching 40 despite being 27 or 28.

I honestly cannot think of a time I've ever seen a combat athlete age like he has. His skin is like cowboy leather.

People joke a lot about him being on sauce but he had the natural build of a coat hanger as a young man and turned into an Adonis in a few years time. He is most likely on some absurd number of PEDS.

I can't imagine him making an attempt at the UFC with USADA. Perhaps overseas if they write a very big check.
Gordon claims he's natural.
Considering his actual job is to sleep, eat a clean diet most of the time, train, and workout, it's possible if he's a genetic outlier that he is natural. I mean the guy is 6'2" and hovers around 220lbs. While his physique is indeed impressive, he's far from a giant. Also one minute you claim he looks like he's 40 and the next you say he's an Adonis.
Also consider this: Francis Ngannou has passed over 50 USADA test 100% clean and he's only 2 inches taller, but well over 40lbs heavier.

No he won't imo.
He's making a ton of money doing BJJ without basically any restrictions.
I also don't think his style would translate well to MMA. He isn't very explosive, has mediocre wrestling, and is more of a slow technician.
Someone more like Nicky Rod or Mica Galvao would be better suited imo.
People always say this, but look at how Lovato was doing in MMA

Gordon would be that x10

I highly doubt Gordon does MMA, even if he wanted to he is kinda fucked because he needs PEDs lol

Look at how it has worked out for Garry... he half did MMA and half did BJJ and is now losing at both

It would've been amazing to see if he never took PEDs though

oh I'm sure he does <{hughesimpress}>

See, the fact is Gordon could submit to USADA testing, stay the same size and conditioning and some people would still claim he's using. Some people would watch a few MPMD videos and be convinced that everyone in every sport uses. Just like a lot of people claim fighters that have been tested 50+ times without failing a single time are on gear.

I don't know if Gordon is or isn't, all I know is he's the best grappler on the planet today and some people point to his physique claiming that's why. Well news flash: He would still be the best grappler in the world even if he were only 180lbs. and not shredded. It's his mind and dedication to grappling that makes him that, not extra strength.

He isn't very explosive, has mediocre wrestling, and is more of a slow technician.
He is also more vulnerable to strikes on the ground because of his style...at least partly due to what you mentioned, but he has clearly never practiced BJJ with the possibility of being punched. He should try Eddie Bravo's Combat Jiu-Jitsu first.

Should stick to his thing and just collect ADCC gold every few years. Gets to be juicy in a sport filled with juicers. Don't think he would or should try MMA.

Back