Do you still think Jones Jones is more dominant than Silva in his prime?

How have the opponents gotten worse exactly?

Nostalgia is something that really blinds people. Reyes could beat anyone at LHW maybe ever.. A lot of these favorites like Shogun and Rampage, pretty small for LHW today.. Reyes is huge and athletic.. Also fast..
Reyes is a good athlete, but also a one-handed fighter with a limited all-around skillset. Jones fought and beat guys who were multi-dimensional. DC at the top of the list. Yet Reyes is also the best recent contender for Jones. He was unimpressive against journeymen like Santos and Smith.

Reyes is a good athlete, but also a one-handed fighter with a limited all-around skillset. Jones fought and beat guys who were multi-dimensional. DC at the top of the list. Yet Reyes is also the best recent contender for Jones. He was unimpressive against journeymen like Santos and Smith.

I agree with some of that, but I think it is different today than in the heyday of stars we had at LHW in the UFC and Pride. Wand for example was one of the most exciting fighters of all time. But in today's division he is going to have a tough time IMO. He's just too small. Coming in and out with those wild punches, looking for that clinch. Shogun another one who is going to have a hard time with these larger athletes that move well.. The Gus fight IMO was no fluke..

Reactions: MCS
Anderson fights were essential viewing, Jon's, not so much.
Jones was must see until recently. Up to the second gus fight he was a crazy entertaining fighter. He didn't have the draw of anderson in his prime, but no one ever has.

Current Jones isn't as dominant, but he was destroying people for years during his run

Whether it's mental, less PEDs, or he's just falling out of his prime earlier, he hasn't looked nearly as good in some of his recent fights

Prime Jones was a tougher matchup, but prime Anderson went on a tear that is probably unmatched in terms of destruction

Uh none of that is correct..

He has a few wins at LHW the best being Forrest who is rather chinny..
Jones has 14 Title fight wins.. Most ever..
Anderson has 11.. He's behind DJ and GSP..

You are wrong about those numbers. Anderson has more title defense finishes than Jones, Gsp, DC, DOmi combined.

You are wrong about those numbers. Anderson has more title defense finishes than Jones, Gsp, DC, DOmi combined.

Jones has won the most title fights in UFC history.. Same BS with you and Hughes/GSP.. Still trolling on this..

Jones has won the most title fights in UFC history.. Same BS with you and Hughes/GSP.. Still trolling on this..

Title defenses and title defense finioshes. Learn your history boi.

Jones fought killers After killers , Silvia fought fighters like cote

We've yet to see a more dominant champ than Silva. Nobody has done it better. Finishing 14 of 16 people during a record setting streak, going up in weight 3 times, and holding the most prestigious records in UFC history goes a long way. It took him clowning around to an outrageous degree to finally lose his belt at 38 years old.

Jones has the best resume in MMA history, has a better overall career, and is likely the only fighter in history who could've beaten Silva in his prime. He's a more well rounded fighter overall, and has dominated his competition too, just not as thoroughly as Silva did.... yet. 2-3 more finishes in title fights and Jones takes over without question.
I don't think Jones was better in anything, technically speaking. I think Jones was bigger and longer, MUCH longer, and that is the advantage he has. I think Silva is more skilled than Jones in almost anything. Perhaps JJ is better at wrestling. If they were the same body configuration, I say Silva was better.

Silva was 38 when he lost to Weidman, let that sink in for a second. GSP ran away from the sport at 32 after arguably losing to Hendricks, Jones arguably lost to Gustafson, santos, and Reyes.

Prime Silva was the best UFC fighter of all time

I don't think Jones was better in anything, technically speaking. I think Jones was bigger and longer, MUCH longer, and that is the advantage he has. I think Silva is more skilled than Jones in almost anything. Perhaps JJ is better at wrestling. If they were the same body configuration, I say Silva was better.

I agree mostly. His offensive wrestling is definitely better, but Silva barely used his.

Jones' prime was against Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Belfort, Rashad, Glover.

Other than his 2nd fight with Cormier, he's looked awful compared to his early title reign since the suspension. OSP, Smith, Santos, Reyes... Performances were pretty flat

Prime has nothing to do with age. When Silva was getting subbed Jones was champ!

what matter more is their peaks and best runs. And to be honest they were both very dominant in their peaks Jones peak though lasted much longer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back