Social Do you remember having a quarter life crisis?

What am I supposed to call it?
Talking for hours about being jealous of me because I never let a job or woman hold me down?
And that's my fault how?

Told them both to quit and do what they were really good at.
For most people this is harder than you can imagine. They are afraid and helpless on their own and without set structures.

For most people this is harder than you can imagine. They are afraid and helpless on their own and without set structures.

Set structure is what creates the midlife crisis as far as I can tell.

just move to Haiti, Sudan, Burundi... and spend a bunch of months living like the locals and you'll come back free from all these bs crisis until the day you die

Set structure is what creates the midlife crisis as far as I can tell.
Agreed. But I'm convinced that many people can't function without anyhows.
Another example, how many people have you met that can't be alone?!
Being self employed and finding your way takes guts, smarts and creativity. It's fucking hard work.

Agreed. But I'm convinced that many people can't function without anyhows.
Another example, how many people have you met that can't be alone?!
Being self employed and finding your way takes guts, smarts and creativity. It's fucking hard work.

Its definitely hard work man.
Thats true about a lot of people tbh, weird to me.

yeah im in a constant one.
Swing back and forth from life is good for me, to im miserable, alone and there is no way out.
Guess it could be chronic depression (I do have it) but its been extra hard the last few months.
Thankfully the suns coming back out and warmth is returning and I can go to the beach more.

Nope. Ensured I reached goals at various stages of life to avoid feeling like an inconsequential loser.

If you didn't, sucks to be you

Does regretting every decision you've made since 18 count as a crisis or a mental health issue?

I felt good for a hot second at 24 and then again for 2 mins around 30.
Then at 38 I paid off my house and was beaming. The same week my dog ran away and was presumed dead.

Trying not to make the mistake of finding joy in life again. Too soul crushing to lose it.

When does the quarter life crisis happen, when you are 19 or 20? The average human life span is around 77.

I had zero worries at age 20.

Back