• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you prefer Chimaev vs. Costa or Chimaev vs. Usman?

Do you prefer Chimaev vs. Costa or Chimaev vs. Usman?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now that it's official, do you prefer the match up now with Chimaev and Usman?

16504258294184.jpg

The fight has ZERO bearing on the MW division. You know.. The division Borz fights in.

I don't know about that you are fighting a former world champion and a guy who was arguably looked at as the best WW of all-time. Plus Usman doesn't have to worry about cutting weight as much.

Islam vs Volk 2 and Khamzat vs Usman are objectively better fights than we had this time yesterday lol, although the winners of those fights don't change

I liked the Costa match …..Usman is a lot better then Costa…..don’t think he’s a middleweight, but a win over Usman still means more imo

This might be DC being a company man but when he says “your jaw will drop” referring to the potential new opponent for khamzat, I honestly think he might be talking about Strickland. Usman already mentioned maybe going to middleweight if I remember correctly, or atleast I’ve heard a few analysts say it. He’s a welterweight moving up, is that jaw dropping? They don’t want Strickland as champion, they want khamzat much more, which opens up a potential avenue for adesanya to get a title shot and those two together? That sells much more than anything Strickland could do, and any other matchups like jared and ddp are much more exciting fights now also. All roads lead to rome and such

I don't know about that you are fighting a former world champion and a guy who was arguably looked at as the best WW of all-time. Plus Usman doesn't have to worry about cutting weight as much.
The best WW of all time?

Ok.. You’re trolling. I’m glad we settled that.

There was massive speculation that Borz beating Costa meant he’d get the next TS. He’s not getting it for beating a WW coming off of two straight losses.

Unlike the UFC and posters that can’t see passed the end of their nose. Look at the big picture. It is a good fight. But it has ZERO bearing on the MW division.

Costa is so unskilled. People only liked him because he's "big". But he hasn't been a serious fighter in a while. Usman probably will come in a little bigger at MW. It will tell us what it would've been like for Khamzat vs Usman if Khamzat got the title shot instead of Edwards. It remains to be seen if Khamzat steamrolls Usman, will people cheer for Khamzat for a MW title shot? I mean I think Usman is >> than guys like Costa/Vettori/Strickland/Cannonier.

This might be DC being a company man but when he says “your jaw will drop” referring to the potential new opponent for khamzat, I honestly think he might be talking about Strickland. Usman already mentioned maybe going to middleweight if I remember correctly, or atleast I’ve heard a few analysts say it. He’s a welterweight moving up, is that jaw dropping? They don’t want Strickland as champion, they want khamzat much more, which opens up a potential avenue for adesanya to get a title shot and those two together? That sells much more than anything Strickland could do, and any other matchups like jared and ddp are much more exciting fights now also. All roads lead to rome and such
Strickland is fat as fuck right now, it's Usman.

The best WW of all time?

Ok.. You’re trolling. I’m glad we settled that.

There was massive speculation that Borz beating Costa meant he’d get the next TS. He’s not getting it for beating a WW coming off of two straight losses.

Unlike the UFC and posters that can’t see passed the end of their nose. Look at the big picture. It is a good fight. But it has ZERO bearing on the MW division.

I'd say arguably, I didn't say he is the best WW of all-time. In fact I think GSP is.

Anywho, it has bearing if you don't think so. If he beats Usman, it will add weight to Chimaev in fighting for the title at MW.

As for the two straight losses, it's not like he lost to a bum. He lost two in a row in two championship fights. You got to look at the context of his losses. Those are not normal losses.

Back