Social Do You Know Anyone with an E-Bike?

HomeCheese

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How many people to you know that have an E-Bike? Virtually everyone I have met says the same thing when they tel you about their new wheels. Somehow they find a way to slip in the conversation some variation of: "The motor really doesn't help that much, it's a great workout."

Bull shit.

My neighbors tried to tell me this shit about their new bikes after they went on a 26 mile, 1,000 feet elevation ride, their first ride in like 5 years. Lol.

Not personally. They ride like assholes here and do not adhere to any laws or basic driving etiquette.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind getting one of those bikes that looks like it's more like a small dirt bike than a bicycle. Those things look fun.

After going up the 'cunt hill' for the 3rd time in the heat at MB park and seeing some guy wizz past us on an e-bike. I was both annoyed and jelly.

But it's awesome to see older folks use them or there was also a dude with one leg still rocking the tracks.

How many people to you know that have an E-Bike? Virtually everyone I have met says the same thing when they tel you about their new wheels. Somehow they find a way to slip in the conversation some variation of: "The motor really doesn't help that much, it's a great workout."

Bull shit.

My neighbors tried to tell me this shit about their new bikes after they went on a 26 mile, 1,000 feet elevation ride, their first ride in like 5 years. Lol.

One of the guys that works for me has one. He rides it to work every day from his house.. up and down many many hills.

He's quite fat so I don't know how one can say it's a good workout..

My tenants have them.
They seem to enjoy them.

They are in their 70s, they have never tried to bullshit me about how they do all the work. I think they are running the motors, as they should.

They look pretty cool.

Take the political bullshit out of the equation and it is still a cool toy, activity, cheap mode of transportation.

I own one for my work commute. I get asked about it every single time I get to work. Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

I don't wanna talk about for fucks sake.

Come on bro... there are fellow sherbretheren in this thread who seem like they may consider joining the e bike revolution.

What can you share with them from your experiences that could be valuable knowledge to an E-noob?

Come on bro... there are fellow sherbretheren in this thread who seem like they may consider joining the e bike revolution.

What can you share with them from your experiences that could be valuable knowledge to an E-noob?

1.It's better than traffic x1000
2.More maintenance than I thought.
3. It's fun.
4. If you don't have major hills, buy a regular bike.
5. I've gone from $450/month in gas to about $50
6. I'm gonna get into a huge accident at some point. Like serious damage. It's just a matter of time

There's not much else to it broski

1.It's better than traffic x1000
2.More maintenance than I thought.
3. It's fun.
4. If you don't have major hills, buy a regular bike.
5. I've gone from $450/month in gas to about $50
6. I'm gonna get into a huge accident at some point. Like serious damage. It's just a matter of time

There's not much else to it broski
You are a good sport sir!!

And even though I was partially busting your balls, you brought up some solid observations that made me glad I did.

Especially #6.

Thats a valid concern and a HUGE factor.

Getting an E Bike and spending a little more time outside and traveling by bike, maybe getting more exercise all sound great. But I bet no one thinks about having 4 knee surgeries or walking with a limp or whatever else could go wrong in an accident.

People are DISTRACTED and that can create a bad situation out of nowhere.

I tell my daughters to assume no one in the cars is looking at them, assume they WONT stop for you. Then operate your bike in such a way that you will be safe even if all the idiots in the cars are staring at their phones.

Last edited:
Back