• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*Do you know anybody with a Sports Science degree?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
If so, what do they do?

I mean, if you love sports and woukd like to work as a coachis it worthy? Know anyone?

My friend's brother specializes in sports medicine and works with athletes at San Diego State University and does part-time work for the Lake Elsinore Storm (minor league baseball team). I believe he specializes in kinesiotherapy or some shit like that. It seems like a pretty cool job. Lot's of cool perks, got to go to tons of free games thanks to him. I can't speak on day to day stuff but he's definitely got a better car and place than I do.

My friend's brother specializes in sports medicine and works with athletes at San Diego State University and does part-time work for the Lake Elsinore Storm (minor league baseball team). I believe he specializes in kinesiotherapy or some shit like that. It seems like a pretty cool job. Lot's of cool perks, got to go to tons of free games thanks to him. I can't speak on day to day stuff but he's definitely got a better car and place than I do.

But he has a Sports Science degree? Or he has a degree related to medicine? If he's a kinesiologist maybe he studied just for that.

Yeah my buddy just got his masters, now he's off working with a Australian cricket team for a year being an S+C coach.

But he has a Sports Science degree? Or he has a degree related to medicine? If he's a kinesiologist maybe he studied just for that.

I have no idea exactly what he has. I am sure it's something medical related and specialized towards sports.

Yeah my buddy just got his masters, now he's off working with a Australian cricket team for a year being an S+C coach.

That’s pretty cool, cricketers sure are fitter than they used to be.

I have a sports science degree and work in a gym. I do the same work as any other PT.

I have a sports science degree and work in a gym. I do the same work as any other PT.
But you could absolutely get away with charging more and get more work in other fields.

I'm a PT and no way could we charge the same based on merit......but than after a certain point it really is marketing that makes the difference.

That’s pretty cool, cricketers sure are fitter than they used to be.

Yeah man, they're athletes. Had a few from the somerset team come train American football with us for a promo and they were immediately fast as fuck and able to catch/get aerial.

His research was on eccentric pre loading for greater recruitment of motor neurones.

Last edited:
A couple peeps
My old strength coach had a degree and my old boxing coach did to they both had their own gyms and would do work with football teams (college) or stuff like that to help keep everything together.
I don’t think either of their gyms are as successful as the CrossFit gyms that have been opening al over the place

My buddies ex girlfriend has that degree. We told her not to waste her time with it back when she was in school because there aren't many job openings in the field. She didn't listen.

She now basically just lives off of welfare and his child support.

I know 3.

One is some kind of trainer for a minor league baseball team, one is some kind of trainer at a university for their soccer team, and the third is a personal trainer at a generic chain gym

The guy who works for the minor league baseball team also has "kinesiology" in his degree title as well.

If so, what do they do?

I mean, if you love sports and woukd like to work as a coachis it worthy? Know anyone?

My hookup from back when I was in Charlotte is a personal trainer and she owns a personal training company with her now husband, they seem to be doing well enough. It's a grind for sure but it is a happy grind, they do what they love. She's got a degree in it plus some certs. If I could go back in time to college, that's the degree I'd have gotten

But you could absolutely get away with charging more and get more work in other fields.

I'm a PT and no way could we charge the same based on merit......but than after a certain point it really is marketing that makes the difference.
I don't know about that, everyone in my gym also has a sports science degree,some even a masters. You can't work in the field without a degree in my country unless you are an older guy that started working decades ago.

My buddy has one. He worked as a strength coach for a professional football team and now he's a personal trainer.

I don't know about that, everyone in my gym also has a sports science degree,some even a masters. You can't work in the field without a degree in my country unless you are an older guy that started working decades ago.
Yea certs are the different every where. In Canada you definitely don't need a degree.

I knew three guys in college who had that major. One is a scientist at a pharmaceutical company, he got his masters in biochemistry, one is a physicians assistant at a hospital, so he went and got his mpas, and one is an analyst for an insurance company, after getting an MBA.

Two of the three worked as personal trainers at gyms during grad school.

I think it’s pretty much just another bachelor’s degree, although it likely has some of the scientific prerequisites needed to get into a decent grad program built in.

My girlfriend's sister graduated with a degree in athletic training and she works alongside a physician at a sports medicine clinic.

A friend of mine got a degree in kinesiology and he works as an athletic trainer/strength & conditioning coach for one of the local high schools.

Back