Do you know any Transgender people?

There’s one that used to work at the local Shoppers Drug Mart in the makeup department.

I know more than a few in the Philippines. Two (who are longtime friends of my wife) came to my wedding. They’re cool.

Over there it’s just part of the culture.

Oh, and there are two who are transitioning. Sara is cool, or Corbin now, yeah.

Are there more Traps in the Philippines than Thailand?

I think we do have more.

I also think there are more LBTQBQ in thec Visayas

Yea, has a member of staff at work - just a graduate, who was born male, and we all address him as such. A year into employment, has a meeting where he announced that they were trans, and wanted to be addressed by a different name/pronoun. they weren’t preachy or aggressive about it, it was just a polite request.

Everyone was cool about it, I think most people realise that took quite a bit of guts to stand up in front of a department and announce it. People slipped up still a little bit, but over time everyone just got used it it.

If they were an asshole about it, preaching about the genetics and shit, I think it would have been a different reaction...

House mate from university is m to f, only see him on social media.

Cousin is f to m. She's 18, I think she's 100% new wave.

My brothers girlfriend has changed her name from Elizabeth to Riley. I ain't seen em since, hardly do since they live other side of country and my bro is repelled by family, she was never real girly, I am not going to ask.

THIS. I remember it being EXACTLY this way. No one gave a shit, they were often chill and not making such big deal out of it or asking people for sympathy. Once in awhile you'd get some asshole yelling "f%*s" at them but they'd just make some snarky remark and move on with their lives, not make it some national news headline.
I feel like its just simply more acceptable now,so more people are doing it. They want to live more "out loud" than before,and some might be more pushy about it than others.

I have a friend who has a young daughter that is. Disturbing. But whatever.

Even with surgery you're still just a cross dresser. Just a cross dresser with your weiner sawed off.
If I take the badges off of a ford and put Chevy badges on it, is it not still a ford?

No because a cross dresser just enjoys the wearing of the other sex's clothes, there's no sex or gender connotations. Transgender believe they feel like the opposite sex and can be attracted to their same sex or not.

You could be a transgender cross dresser and people might not know to look at you!

I understand where you're coming from but the terms refer to specific things and you do yourself or others no favours by either changing or screwing up using the language.

Yea, has a member of staff at work - just a graduate, who was born male, and we all address him as such. A year into employment, has a meeting where he announced that they were trans, and wanted to be addressed by a different name/pronoun. they weren’t preachy or aggressive about it, it was just a polite request.

Everyone was cool about it, I think most people realise that took quite a bit of guts to stand up in front of a department and announce it. People slipped up still a little bit, but over time everyone just got used it it.

If they were an asshole about it, preaching about the genetics and shit, I think it would have been a different reaction...

Same situation at my job there was one and everyoneknew and they didnt make it a big deal

It was a way different vibe than what Elliot Page and Caitlyn Jenner and the like do where it feels like they are trying to be voice of a generation types

Back in the 90’s I had a room mate who transisioned from female to male. I remember it was quite an intense process with all the hormones and surgery.
Still see him now and then, cool guy.

How frustrating would it be if a female you know who really cute,pretty and charming and somehow you developed some feelings for her but the years later you found out she transitioned to a "He" .

Imagine that.

House mate from university is m to f, only see him on social media.

Cousin is f to m. She's 18, I think she's 100% new wave.

My brothers girlfriend has changed her name from Elizabeth to Riley. I ain't seen em since, hardly do since they live other side of country and my bro is repelled by family, she was never real girly, I am not going to ask.

When you say cousin is new wave do you mean that she is doing it for the attention/being part of a group?

When you say cousin is new wave do you mean that she is doing it for the attention/being part of a group?

Basically yeah, she was an awkward unattractive girl that 20 years ago would have been a lesbian.

Well, do you?

With all the noise and hubris that's comes out about them between JK Rowling, Sports and now Elliott Page I've wanted to see some Sherdoggers experiences with them.

For myself, only one. My best friend is close with one, since they first met eachother at her LGBT support group. But she was a friend of a friend, and I don't know her that well outside of that.

I know a couple gay guys and they are cool, regular people.

Mentally ill as in being so delusional you think you’re a different gender - no I don’t

I've worked with one, that was half way through the change over........

Female becoming a "male"............

Voice sounded a bit like a boy when his balls are about to drop and facial hair to match (hormone replacement therapy) would try to chat about other female co-workers, in a manner that a woman might think men would that was a bit strange and awkward.

Started talking about their skin graft on the inside of their thigh that was being used to create a flesh covered prosthetic penis......

I guess it takes lots of courage to go through that, especially when you are in your very early 30's.

Back