Do you have any MMA hot takes?

The Blob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
AKA any unpopular opinions that you believe in?

Mine is that a prime Anderson loses a decision to GSP but KO's Jon Jones in the 1st round.

Another one I have is that nothing should be changed about weight cutting; it's perfect as it is now. No new weight classes or regulations should be added, and those who cannot adhere to those rules deserve all the scorn they receive.

What say you?

Most of the legends, especially lightweight legends, in their prime would get destroyed by today's best fighters in those same divisions because MMA has evolved a ton.

I think water is wet and that
Chael Sonnen may have lost to Silva in mma but he’s beating him in life.

There should be four weight classes and no women’s mma.

190+
170-190
150-170
Under 150

WME conned the FERTITTAS.

Woodley is funny but most people can’t take a joke anymore.

I think Conor failed a drug test for something leading up to UFC 200 and thats why they postponed the Nate fight, not because of media obligations. It also explains why he "retired" and then quickly un-retired to get in and out of the drug testing pool, and UFC swept the whole thing under the rug.

Machida beat Shogun in their first fight. But this is always my go to for this particular thread topic.

The Judging criteria is not perfect, but there isn't a better solution than what we have for now. Pride judging doesn't work in american style, in a cage, with unified rules style of mma

Thank you for the question! (I’ll tone this down cause the last version got wastelanded)

I think the UFC is creating monsters that the millennial generation can’t defend against.

These well trained UFC fighters are as dangerous as guns to the millennials. Today’s society can’t handle violence well. They do not react to stressful, difficult or deadly situations the same as we used to. Our new society freezes up (even in groups) when they are physically attacked. Many people may end up dead if we do not do something about it.

Example:

20 years back this guy wouldn’t stand a chance. He would be shot, hit with a table, ganged up on or at least (us humans) were smart enough to run away. Today (as seen in the video above) people just ask him politely to stop killing all their friends.

Should UFC promote the training of possible killers? Should UFC training be banned like AR15 assault rifles? I don’t think society can handle the legitimately deadly MMA attacks that fighters train live on a daily basis.

At least bring back the registration requirements for having hands that are deadly weapons.

BLOGCWP.png

Last edited:
Nobody is going to be exposed in the mcgregor khabib fight. It is a stylistically great match up of two great fighters.

i am convinced the showtime kick was set up

I think Conor failed a drug test for something leading up to UFC 200 and thats why they postponed the Nate fight, not because of media obligations. It also explains why he "retired" and then quickly un-retired to get in and out of the drug testing pool, and UFC swept the whole thing under the rug.
That actually makes sense

Holy shit

The UFC arranged for Conor to confront Khabib's bus, however they didn't think Conor was going to take it that far and actually injure people.

Dominick Cruz is still the greatest bantamweight of all time.

Back