• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you have a sexy voice? Rate your voice!

Never really been a fan of my voice, but people tell me I should do radio or be a public speaker, never been interested in those fields though.

What I do fancy myself is story telling, be it writing or narrating. There's just something about that whole ordeal that attracts me, catches my eye and lets me enjoy myself, y'know? It can also be frustrating as hell, especially if you're wracked with self-doubt and constantly undermine your work.

I do think it can help a lot in your personal life - to keep people's attention and make sure they're not bored with whatever they may hear. You don't need some overly complicated tripe nor a tale with a deep meaning behind it either, something as mundane as getting rid of a mouse can work.

Of course you have to embellish it, but that's an absolute given for something which purpose is to entertain or keep the audience engaged, isn't it? So long as you don't go absolutely overboard to the point where you break the immersion you so desperately try to build, you should be fine.

You need an example though, I get it. Everything's clearer and easier to digest with them, they're a great tool. Back to the aforementioned mouse extraction - in and of itself it is not a very interesting tale; I saw a mouse in the corner of my room, I blocked it with my foot and, unbeknownst to me, I stepped on it. Picked up with a sock, threw him away and then I saw blood on the sock and it dawned on me, I killed the little fucker by accident, sullied a perfectly fine sock and also dirtied my floor.

Now that's not really an exciting read, is it? I mean, my stupidity aside, it just reads very... boringly. Feels like a chore - we need to clean it up, unfortunately I'm all out of Oxiclean, so you're on your own. Fuck you.

I have an unimpressed, apathetic, lazy, droll voice.
It's how I get away with constantly insulting people, people just find it amusing luckily.
But I fucking mean it

Ive been complimented on it but Id leave the rating to others. Who here has the guts to post their voice sample?

We all know about boise dimes, but what about voice dimes? Do you have a sexy voice? Bad voice? Chronic smoker voice? Explain your voice and rate it out of 10.

For me, it was something I never even thought about until I started receiving compliments. I was called a sexy voiced motherfr by a teammate on a pc game.

After that, a maintenance worker asked me to put a page out for him at work because apparently I have a "Voice for radio" as he put it.

Ill give myself a strong 8/10

How bout u

Mine's 1/10, I also have an Eastern European accent, so I gotta rely on content and humor or I'm fucked (or, rather, the exact opposite). The few times I heard my voice recorded, I wanted to fucking vomit

I physically cringe whenever I hear myself speaking from a recording
I'm the same way, I absolutely hate hearing my voice. My girlfriend is the same way bug I think her voice is very sexy. My Irish ex used to compliment me a lot on my voice so it's probably in my head too. I think we naturally have a bit of an aversion to our voices for some reason.

My soft is a bit soft, kind of warm, and slips in to my Texan accent just a little on occasion. I wish I sounded like Don Frye.

Can’t sing a lick. Not one tune. But I have been a paid speaker for years, and I have actually worked doing announcements in a dept store...so speaking voice good, singing voice not good.

4/10

Most people say I sound like a slightly more feminine Keanu from the early 90s or a slightly deeper voiced Spicoli from Fast Times. Honestly based on my voice I should be a professional surfer.

Mine's 1/10, I also have an Eastern European accent, so I gotta rely on content and humor or I'm fucked (or, rather, the exact opposite). The few times I heard my voice recorded, I wanted to fucking vomit
So a Borat voice?

Mine's average. It's never hindered me nor particularly helped me that I'm aware of so I'd give it a 5. I do however make up for the lack of a remarkable voice by being very articulate & well-spoken. So, it's all good.

You don’t know how bad I wanted to find a grammatical error in that post.

I do. Soothing and sexy, yet powerfully manly. Ive had many ppl tell me this. Makes me want to start a podcast of some sort.

Ill go ahead and confidentially say it’s a 9/10, even possibly a 10.

Most people who meet me almost daily, men and women alike, compliment me on my deep, unique and memorable voice. Almost every woman I’ve met had something they loved about my voice. Everyone has positives and negatives about themselves, and my voice is definitely a positive.

My voice is a solid 9. It's deep and clear. I've had many a lass swoon over my voice just on the phone. Plus I once did a short stint as a phone sex operator (years ago when I was in college and this was an actual job). So, enough sexiness that I got paid for it.

Back