Do you have a problem with WSOF WW Champ Rousimar Palhares' win over Jake Shields?

He let go almost immediately. People who dont do SW should not post in this thread. He let go after like one second. Same things with his "controversial" heel-hooks. The commentators, like Rogan previously, makes it seem like he does smth out of the ordinary...

Yes he has been disciplined by 5 seperate orgs for roids and subs and Rogan is to blame :rolleyes:

This whole thread is facepalm inducing. Three pages in and there's already accusations that if you don't like what Palhares did it must've been because of some nationalistic bias or racisim on your part. Or because Palhares is uneducated.....Right. More crap that is only taken seriously because mindless Progressivism. Describing Shields as some sort of American hero is massive hyperbole.

Then someone posts the Aoki video when what Aoki did isn't controversial because the submission, but the antics afterwards. Hirota clearly didn't tap and guess what? You don't let go of a hold when there is no tap! Hirota clearly didn't submit and thus his arm was broken morons. Not the same situation.

Anyways, I'm pretty meh on this whole situation. Palhares did receive a harsh punishment but Shields should be punished for his punch after the bell.

Honestly, I think Palhares would have won anyway, that was a legit sub in what was turning into a great fight, held it long but that was a crazy fast transition.

I just can't excuse the gouging the eyes man, so obvious. Have to say it's a problem, even though I love to see the guy fight he has problems.

Who the hell can take 8 gouges without even squinting or asking for a time-out? Jakes not a super-hero that can defy science with his magical rock-hard eye-balls... His eyes weren't even bloodshot... Do his eye-balls not abide by the laws of science?

But hey Palhares has held subs before so he must've gouged, Jake said he did, let's forget about the other lies Jake told during the fight and that he's been a dirty fighter before also... none of that matters, Palhares did it, Jake and Ray said so, screw the ref, Ray Sefo was closer to the action and so was Joe Lauzon, screw the cameras, screw science. Ban for life. Facts are for pussy's
this all day

What are you talking about people hate DW on this site. Almost no one listens to what he has to say and anytime it's something they don't want to hear they call him a liar. When it's something they do want to hear they believe him. Like when Jones "canceled" the PPV card. Apparently Jones runs the UFC and can just do things like that. Everyone was ready and willing to put the blame on Jones and didn't even focus on the fact that the UFC actually canceled it and didn't pay anyone anything not even show money.
The fighters who didn't get booked to the next show or closer shows got paid for that event.

For all those that voted for Palhares, has never been tweaked before in a fight or during training. It's called having about empirical evidence, like commenting about being drunk or having an orgasm if you've never had either.

however, if you have had your arm/ankle/knee cranked and you think it's still cool, than you're a **** for lying. As for the eye gouges, why the fuck would Jake lie about something so blatant as that? The ref saw it so he warned Palhares, so he is the witness to it actually happening. Palhares thought he was losing the first two rounds and instead of Jake avoiding the ground game, he took a stupid ass risk and went for it... his ego failed him.

As for Palhares, he needs to be humbled. And I would label him a psychopath. So is Frank Mir.

Let him fight. Who cares if he rips the odd arm off. We aren't watching a tickling match.

Back