Do you guys prefer color Red or Black for boxing gloves?

IrishPatBrown

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
just wondering what glove color you guys prefer of the 2 listed and why? what glove gets less dirty easier to upkeep and lasts longer?

Red because it's not as bland. Most colors outside of white shouldn't be too hard to maintain

just wondering what glove color you guys prefer of the 2 listed and why? what glove gets less dirty easier to upkeep and lasts longer?

red looks better, black easier up keep (imo). the best secret i learned from a manufacturer was using baby wipes instead of leather cleaner. baby wipes use a very mild soap and leave behind no oils, while not drying the leather out like crazy

I've never had any issues with up keeping gloves, and my last pair was all white with a black palm. Whipe it off with a towel, done. It's not a car...

I have black gloves, but I'd take red. Color doesn't matter too much to me. Not pink though.

Dan Mosby of "Flores" used to say that in a given batch of leather, that black leather will probably be the best overall in the lot. Not exactly sure what he means by best, but I assume he's talking about durability?

I prefer black gloves, but it kind of depends on the style and the model. If I was buying a pair of Winnings I'd grab a pair of red gloves, no question.

Back