• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you guys eat at the dinner table often?

I'm single, I literally don't even own a dinner table

so no

Nope, but I will do when my son gets a bit older. Good place to catch up with what the whole family is up to.

Yes I eat at the dinging room table. I have the two leafs in storage , and just have it set for 6 instead of 10 people currently.

Zlbk90-UCW39UPWJLOW2IzBKyZ6UVmGH8PQeUxzuu25DcGm59DqA2kt5NqQGG-IpeEGB0pl-69nAPjg5wPz3BnJ1FdpGeQjWqexFnz87IJatFZ32RJnGLC6aHzCEFjFkpXUtUClQjJ5Q4ylruF8z33Xz1yT62LBIszrLl2om6hEZe7THpIE1DQGBi2cdjoe_SmkmRm0kvpZQ7NhLOVJhe-5A3HQhUYNq5J01jXpYPnFcuAgk_qcxgrgcG3ppmCHtLrPWe1nV9ecezD4sA3Yr9xrkZjL0cQCbvUGxUusUSojCfoxE7CBJ113xm47Qf939dKj30eq5ojGSq_bcNpOB3Fzg9mN3RMF1RkpJjT2WkbE1WYQBFPYyehY0ZJ4aL4EcyRe9H_7UT8tszqpzF4ZLy9CosOIAV63Qb6sc6f-R3S9xbvc5V7yow5L08Mg06yNaQAYlr_vO7u3wM5U0U2TgMChoKKQVy04-zjRAnJ6Iuy6I9LLUi-KDRYDfktUixFtO-tycgjJ9OsQp2CqJK62nvZ6C0jduxfYsZNCTMXOJ86UbqqeCuQAbfDa6r_ma57fXTScmTHBWDDU8Wno0cs-CbzMsWud84loxr8mHRg7KIrIAg9GgMCaNkMP49I7QFNYDCo4MRV2INNPcAU4gFj7C3rR609yqWmN0=w1219-h914-no

Nice table and chairs. Are the chairs old? Please elaborate if they are.

When my kids were around I tried to eat at the table every breakfast and dinner. I had a formal dining room which we only eat at when we had company. I had a large, eat-in kitchen with a nice table that we eat most of our meals at. No TV in there and I tried to get the kids to talk and interact during the meals.

Nice table and chairs. Are the chairs old? Please elaborate if they are.

Thanks. No they are not old, I just bought the table and chairs this July. I bought my first house and did not have a dining room table. I spent more than I was going to, but got one heck of a deal on craigslist.

I'm single, so it's usually me eating whatever I made in the kitchen, out of the cast iron pan or pot I cooked it in - don't be too jealous.

C04qraiWIAAJFFV.jpg

When you have kids, it's good to have a sit down dinner to have time to talk as a family but outside of that no. And I think eating etiquette and basic manners are being lost. I'm not talking about using the wrong fork, but chewing with mouth open, talking with mouth full, shoveling food in mouth like it's a race, not waiting to eat until all are served etc.

Go out to a restaurant some time and people watch - it's gross a lot of the time

I usually just sit on the couch.. or at the island next to my kitchen once in a while.

I live by myself so I would look like a serial killer if I sat alone and eat at the table staring at the wall.
Most of the time I eat sitting on the couch watching tv or sitting at the kitchen counter listening to an MMA podcast.

As a family, yes always. Only time I won't is if I'm home alone. I don't get that luxury often though.

At the table. Jesus Christ some of you are pathetic have some class at least.

I have a formal dinning room that is used for special occasions and holidays and a large glass table in the kitchen where I usually eat. There is also a tv so I don't have to eat on the couch like some slob.

Only when i have my sons for the week, or whatever. Any other time i eat in the kitchen, or on the couch.

I have two little kids so I strap them into their chairs at the table and sit next to them so I can clean up the mess they will eventually make.

Only when I have my kids...otherwise I always eat standing in the kitchen...

The kitchen table is the only place i eat at.

When you have kids, it's good to have a sit down dinner to have time to talk as a family but outside of that no. And I think eating etiquette and basic manners are being lost. I'm not talking about using the wrong fork, but chewing with mouth open, talking with mouth full, shoveling food in mouth like it's a race, not waiting to eat until all are served etc.

Go out to a restaurant some time and people watch - it's gross a lot of the time

Growing up, my mom was a Nazi about etiquette, using the right utensils, all that. It annoyed the shit out of me back then.

I thank her for it now. People are such savages. Add the ever-present phone now and you got a hideous shit show.

Maybe once every 5 months when special company is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back