Do you ever vacillate between thinking that the universe is indifferent to humanity and thinking that the universe is actively hostile to us?

We would know which is worse if we used more than 10% of our brain

Yes. Sometimes I'm even so bold as to think that there are small yet beautiful moments that might redeem everything.

I guess in my mind the universe being indifferent or actively hostile sort of winds up being the same thing. You live for a short time, then you die. Provided there is no afterlife, it doesn't really matter if your end comes about through indifference or malice, since your existence never mattered in the first place.

I don't think I'm such a big man on campus significant character for the universe to even pay attention to. I'm probably really out of place in a place like Sherdog or other forums. A lot of forum turds really believe they are the shit.

Some seriously lost people in this thread.

Both are very possible.

More unhelpful answers coming up at 5pm

I vacillated more when I was a teenager, and that was before everyone had a pron machine in their pocket and all the weird step sister crap and only fans. Just some pictures of boobs here and there seemed to suffice. It was simpler time.

As for the universe, humans aren't some separate thing, and if anything, I would consider it extraordinary kind for the species to have exited the food chain, or to be at the top even, as a pretty damn weak and fragile animal compared to the ones who are still in it.

entropy is inherently hostile to any lifeform

I think it's indifferent. To think the whole universe is hostile against humans is assuming we're in some way, shape, or form an active threat against it. We've barely managed to travel beyond this planet.

Every day! At least I'm not thinking I can fight the universe anymore and am just doing my best to defend myself from it.

If the universe is hostile to us then is doing a really bad job

It's definitely indifferent

We aren't even a particle of dust to the Universe. Even if the Universe were hostile towards us, we will always be our own worst enemies. We literally have campuses full of our supposed best and brightest of our future taking over buildings in a protest for a group of people that want them dead. I was on a plane the other day where the Captain asked everyone on the plane to please let 5 passengers up first and off the plane because their connecting flight was waiting for them. We land, no one listened and blocked their way. We have grown men sucker punching women in the streets of NY for no reason. Humans can be capable of greatness, but such a large percentage are self centered asshats.

The universe doesn't give a shit if humans existed or not. We're just a very small factor in a massive big picture.

The universe and nature is indifferent to pretty much everything. It just goes with the flow.

OP look up prison planet and loosh farming. Humans are trapped into reincarnation on earth specifically to cause suffering that malevolent beings feed off of. Why is there so much suffering on earth? Because that's what it's designed for.

Back