• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you eat the fat from meat?

Depends on what I'm making. If it's a soup or stew, definitely trim off most of the excess. If grilling, leave it all there

Yes of course.
DSC_1109-e1462155233415.jpg

Depends. If it's a whole strip along the side of a steak of that chewy elastic shit of course not, but a really good steak is going to have a bit of marbling

Fat from meat is good for you and necessary. It’s wasteful to not eat it

Hell yeah. And i'll eat yours too if you don't want it.

No, not the large chunks around the edge. I trim that shit off. I don't really like the taste or texture of chewing on a piece that's all fat. Have I done it? Sure, but I usually avoid it.

I would stop eating meat if there was no fat in it. Literally my favorite part. I don't trust people who don't any more than I trust people who don't deadlift.

Warning. My son ate this and now he is dead.

<DisgustingHHH>

Bunch of pansies in here. Hell yeah I eat the fat. A good fat to meat ratio is essential.

yeah I love the fat from beef brisket.

probably the best tasting fat.

Yeah, especially on a steak. I don't cut the fat off and eat it by itself though, you gotta eat it with a piece of meat. Its like an extra flavor bomb on the piece you're going to eat.

I don’t. I think it is disgusting and not to mention unhealthy. I have quite a few friends that enjoy it. I don’t mean the marbling part of the steak because that portion is actually good. The only fat that is worthwhile eating is from pork belly.

Natural fats like that are actually healthy and your body does need it.

You may wonder isn't fat bad for you, but your body needs some fat from food. It's a major source of energy. It helps you absorb some vitamins and minerals. Fat is needed to build cell membranes, the vital exterior of each cell, and the sheaths surrounding nerves. It is essential for blood clotting, muscle movement, and inflammation.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good

You should educate yourself a bit on nutrition.

Its amazing that nearly everything we were told about what to eat in the 80s and 90s, was bullshit.

'Fat is bad for you.'
In reality, your brain operates on fat.

'Sugar is only bad for your teeth.'
In reality, sugar is bad for absolutely everything in your body.

'Eggs can help contribute to heart attacks.'
In reality, eggs are the absolute healthiest food you can consume.

'Red meat is horrible, and you should eat it rarely at most.'
*Facepalm* Wow... its amazing people ever thought this.

I don’t. I think it is disgusting and not to mention unhealthy. I have quite a few friends that enjoy it. I don’t mean the marbling part of the steak because that portion is actually good. The only fat that is worthwhile eating is from pork belly.
Sakuraba would slap you for cutting the fat off your meat.

Many cuts of the best meat are marbled with lots of fat.

Back