Do you ear guards inhibit your breathing?

vanguard_anon

Clever user title
Reaction score
I put the headgear on as soon as my ears feel tender or if I'm rolling against somebody that I know to be a rough spaz. It does a great job staying in place and my ears couldn't feel any safer. Even when they are tender, red, and warm I know I they won't get damaged while I wear these.

The problem is that they do kind of a weak air choke sometimes. I don't have them choking me when I put them on but I think the nature of rolling just causes them to tighten up a bit. It's not really a big deal but between my mouth guard and my headgear it can make a difference in my breathing.

I spoke a friend that uses the same kind and he said he gets the same thing. Is that just the nature of headgear or would another brand work better? I use these.
p724056dt.jpg

I think this thread would better be suited in the Grappling subforum. You'll probably get more responses there.

E

I can't say i've noticed that before - if possible try a freinds headgear if someone has a different type and see if it's yours that's causing the problem.

I use the same headgear and I've never experienced anything like that.

I have the same headgear,only time they bother me is if I tighten the chin strip too tight.maybe try loosening up the whole headgear.

Back