• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you disqualify Jon Jones from the GOAT talk?

Do you disqualify Jon Jones from the GOAT talk?

• Total voters

Takes Two To Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because he was caught taking PEDs?

Do you also disqualify Anderson Silva?

or both different scenarios?

jones-silvajpg.jpg

If one day we get the proof that everybody is/was on roids, Jon’s will be the legitimate GOAT. Until then it’s GSP.
As far as Anderson Silva goes, there was no sign of him juicing before the freaking leg injury, therefore I don’t eliminate him from the GOAT talk.

GOAT talks are nonsense

Lets just say there are colossal asterisks hanging over his every move.

Caught red fuckin handed cheating on multiple occasions and doesnt even have being a good person to fall back on.

UFC's preferential treatment of him then and now has been pretty digusting as well.

When the dude retires no one is gonna bail him out when he fingers buttholes or drunkenly slides into a family of six

Also itll be funny to see how his fans treat him when he gets busted in post retirement. They might not care anymore either since he wont fight anymore.

"Jon Jones was never my friend"

I don't care what Jones and Silva did, they have been two of the best and most entertaining fighters ever, and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them over the years. If they had both fought their whole careers in PRIDE, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Isn't it funny how PRIDE legends like Fedor and Cro Cop are so highly thought of, but when they came to America and drug testing, they both looked very ordinary? HMMMM, very interesting.

I don't care what Jones and Silva did, they have been two of the best and most entertaining fighters ever, and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them over the years. If they had both fought their whole careers in PRIDE, we wouldn't even be talking about this. Isn't it funny how PRIDE legends like Fedor and Cro Cop are so highly thought of, but when they came to America and drug testing, they both looked very ordinary? HMMMM, very interesting.

Big difference is the level playing field.

I'm stunned so many don't realise this matters especially in a forum so strongly opposed to fighters like Fallon Fox or swimmers like Lia Thomas .

I'm a two list guy. Pre usada and post.

It's not really fair to say Jon is guilty and gsp isnt they fought in different eras of drug testing. We don't know if prime Fedor passes a usada test
It's totally fair.

Gsp tested as clean or cleaner than all his opponents.

Jones tested dirtier than anyone in MMA ever.

Also itll be funny to see how his fans treat him when he gets busted in post retirement. They might not care anymore either since he wont fight anymore.

"Jon Jones was never my friend"
They will always say the same "he beat your favorite fighter BS"

Reactions: HHJ

Say Fedor and Cro Cop were using PEDs. But it was open to be used in that organization (Pride). So what's the big deal? It's even playing field, everyone was using. So in a way the use of PEDs cancels each other out.

Anderson popped because his leg literally snapped and needed recovery. No idea why Conor gets a pass for juicing to the point of looking absolutely different over a sprained ankle “recovery”, Anderson looked the same.

Jon used roids for his advantage he’s disqualified.

Obviously. Multiple PED failures. The science behind "pulsing" was extremely suspect and rejected by WADA and the Olympics. After that disgrace of a scientist Eichner's pulsing science failed, he took a job with the UFC now. I think we all know Jon was just using Turinabol the whole time.

Back