Do you collect anything as a hobby?

Oh knives. Yeah, I’ve got many knives. Spyderco
Benchmade
Protech
ZT
Kershaw
Cold Steel
You name it. I just love them.

You have SNES so just pursue the Super Gameboy and plug Gameboy cartridges into that to play on TV.

My bad, gameboy advance. Cos it's backwards compatible with GB/GBC and all region free

I used to collect Zippos. I used to smoke so I did actually use them too. Every week a different one, it was fun. I love the noise they make! I don't smoke anymore so I kinda lost interested tbh. It's too bad that you can't light a cigar with a Zippo otherwise I would still use it.

This was the last one I bought

2zhqj52.jpg

<LikeReally5>

Grow up!

I've got that same Zippo.

I saw recently that there are Hot Wheels designed to have a Mega Bloks Construx tiny figure ride in the Hot Wheels, so now I must seek out both the specific Hot Wheel and the Construx tiny figure. Something about the crossover of two very different worlds that's appealing.

Apparently there was a tiny Construx He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Capt Kirk, Spock, Terminator, Halo, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, TMNT.

Nothing. Removing myself of "owning" and "collecting" really was a pivotal moment of my life. Fight Club had it right. Now when I buy things, they have immense value and serve a purpose in my life.

I collect and pick locks from all over. Got about 200 different kinds from all over the world. Have successfully picked around 85 percent of them. Dimples, levers, tubular, standards, wafers, you name it. Even have a couple of safe locks/dials, one of which I've cracked.

Nothing. Removing myself of "owning" and "collecting" really was a pivotal moment of my life. Fight Club had it right. Now when I buy things, they have immense value and serve a purpose in my life.

I really believe your amount of enjoyment is finite too. Your brain can only allow you so much pleasure from so many sources. You always hear farmers proclaim that they're the happiest and most free people for that reason. To a normal everyday persons brain that life seems like fucking shit. But all farmers have to do is wake up, labor, and go to sleep and wake up feeling great from working so hard. Rinse and repeat. Their brain doesn't have to worry about where it's going to get it's next hit of dopamine from like normally integrated people..

Stuff we don't even think about that's part of our normal everyday social fabric that vys for our brains attention like social media, posting on sherdog, weed, boozing, following TV shows, and stupid shit like having the newest Iphone. Shit like that should take up zero real estate in your head yet it's all we can think/talk about.

Fight Club definitely got it right on that end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Golf balls from different courses I've played

I collect reasons for anxiety, it seems to pile up year after year.

Star Wars Lego.

Here’s some of my collection

Attachments

• FE1DA0C5-6E11-4408-A914-A50A317D2332.jpeg
    FE1DA0C5-6E11-4408-A914-A50A317D2332.jpeg
    601.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 56AEDF09-B3E0-4966-BEBC-087794BABEF2.jpeg
    56AEDF09-B3E0-4966-BEBC-087794BABEF2.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 10

Word.

I used to move around all the time for work. My favorite part of ending a contract was sifting through my shit and seeing what I could donate or give away. Purging all of my useless stuff was awesome.

Nice collection, your cat is adorable. Looks like a Blue Russian.
She's my favourite being on the planet. She does look Blue Russian, but her mom was a generic tabby. Not sure about the dad, he might have been.

Oh knives. Yeah, I’ve got many knives. Spyderco
Benchmade
Protech
ZT
Kershaw
Cold Steel
You name it. I just love them.

I've got a couple Spydrco knives, for the price they are hard to beat. Keep them sharp and oiled and I have a hard time finding better.

Bought a Cutco brand K-Bar a year or so ago also, and god damn. A bit spendy for a woodsman knife really, but they aren't joking about those things cutting through just about anything. Keep one in the truck, and bought a second for my bug-out bag.

Back