• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you care about your siblings' financial stability?

There wasn't a large amount of money left. They got their share and it was gone. Either they owed a lot of money or they spent it quickly. My mother had kept track of the money they were given so I got a little more.
Ok thanks for that- I didn’t mean to be rude asking. But your first response didn’t detail that.

so then in the end do you still help your siblings out when they come to you? I ask you this because my dad is someone who always helps others (not only family members) he has established himself very well financially and his bros used to take the micky out of this, but he would go out of his way to help those that needed it. Say there was a family friend from Sri Lanka new to the Sydney, he would give them a temp job at his company until they got their footings to find a new role they wanted. Or even many of my cousins he would have given them years of work- nearly all have come to him for a job at one point in their life. It just seems my dad is a bad ass who will help out anyone who needs help at the time.

Not overly concerned, but I wouldn't want any of them to be homeless or anything like that.

Tried but cant fix failure, some are just losers.

Thus no mater how much money the gov throw at the poor they will always be poor.

Bullshit and you know it. Have your sister give your brother a few hundred grands and I am sure the cat would be a millionaire in 4 or 5 years. You guys are just uncaring

Bullshit and you know it. Have your sister give your brother a few hundred grands and I am sure the cat would be a millionaire in 4 or 5 years. You guys are just uncaring

Your and idiot if you think that, there's reason morons can win millions and be broke 3 years later.

Your sound like one of those losers waiting for a handout.

of course God > Kids> Family>Wife > Friends > rest of you fkers. I love everyone but there are priorities and if my sister/brother were hurting I'd give half the house no problem.

My older sister isn't doin so good financially and it greatly bothers me. Having a 7 year old niece living in the same environment makes it much worse. I send her money often to help ease her situation. The pandemic shutdown bankrupted her business permanently and she's on the verge of losing her home. She lives in California where living expenses are super expensive. I don't want her and my niece having to move to some ghetto apartment, so I've been helping her cover her mortgage. Her husband also lost his job because of the shutdown.

<RomeroSalute>

Your and idiot if you think that, there's reason morons can win millions and be broke 3 years later.

Your sound like one of those losers waiting for a handout.

Fudge you asso. No one likes you here.

One of my siblings and her husband make good money. She's a nurse and he's HVAC. They are always broke and "borrowing" money because they like to take magic pills. They are taking advantage of my elderly parents because my mom cannot say no. My parents are now broke who were once well off. Not much I can do especially since I live far away. My sister's a piece of shit.

The trying thing is important. None of my family are deadbeats though. If they were id still take care of their kids and shit tho cuz that aint on them.

Agreed. As an example I have a friend who I am helping. He has brain damage, and is functionally retarded. He is a good guy who is really trying to add value and do what is right, but he has the brain power of a twelve year old. I let him live with family and I was trying to get him through some classes in the skilled trades until this virus destroyed my plans. Now he acts as a caregiver and maid for my elderly parents. He would be homeless without my help, but I know he has a good heart and he really tries, even if he is highly dependent on me and my family.

My lil bro is still studying.. and I pay half of his tuition because my parents suck lol

can't wait for him to finish school so I can finally focus on myself

I have a brother and she is 21 y.o. Sometimes I can send him money if he asks. That's all.

Fortunately, I'll never have to help my sister out financially as she's a bigwig regional something or other with AAA back in Buffalo & she's married to an even bigger bigwig with AAA on the national level. So, they're rolling in dough. They both tried to get me to take a job with the company about five years ago but I wasn't interested. I'd have made bank but I hate being in charge of groups of other people as it's just not my forte. So, I turned it down which created a rift between my sister, her husband & me.

The rift also stemmed from some other family drama issues having to do with our sister's funeral. Which was rather trivial in retrospect but you know how those things can spiral out of control. So, as it stands now, we haven't spoken since 2015 & I don't see the silence ending any time soon as my sister is a grudgeholder.
Now's the perfect time to extend an olive branch mate, it's Christmas at the end of what's been a shitty year for most people, you as much as anyone.
They cared enough to try to get you to take the job back then, misguided as it may be, so I doubt the relationship is unsalvageable. If not at least you'll know you tried.

Now's the perfect time to extend an olive branch mate, it's Christmas at the end of what's been a shitty year for most people, you as much as anyone.
They cared enough to try to get you to take the job back then, misguided as it may be, so I doubt the relationship is unsalvageable. If not at least you'll know you tried.

Thanks for your input, bro. I appreciate it & I'll give it some thought.

Back