Do you believe Conor will change his approach?

yeguiza

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
After 196 he said he was uneffiicient with his energy

Now he said he has made some adjustments

Of course his gas tank cannot improve in 5 months......

So instead of fighting using "100% of his power" in every strike he´d try to win a decision using less power (just like 70% hendrics against gsp). That could allow him to make 5 rounds without gassing badly.
Of course that he´d never take nate out this way since Conor´s best shots didn´t even rock nate at 196 so a decision might be his best plan.

That should be his strategy IMO, but I don´t think his ego will allow this: he´ll use all his gas tank to try to destroy Nate in RD1 and deliver a good show and a strong message

What do you think, Sherdog?

He could try to play the counter game this time around. Counter instead of lead but that works for him when he has the size/reach advantage which is not the case against Nate. Nate would just jab and one-two him all night if he does that, just like he did to Michael Johnson who stayed on the outsided and waited to counter Nate but instead ate like zillion one-two.

I also don't see Conor using Condit gameplan against Diaz bro because for that you need insane cardio (better cardio than Diaz bros and that is not what Conor has)

I think Conor will do the same thing, maybe last a bit longer but land much less than in the first fight. Eventually he will slow down, Nate will turn up the pressure and probably finish Conor. Maybe even standing KO because Conor won't shoot for a TD again, I think even he knows how embarrassing that looked after all the Panic Wrestler talk from him.

His best plan will be to stay off the ground at all costs... But I'm guessing round 2-3 finish for Nate.

conor said that his approach will be the same as it was in the 1st fight which is getting choked out

He has a few options, if he improves his Cardio a bit then maybe he can go full blast for 10 minutes instead of 7, those extra few minutes might be enough time to get the finish. The better option is probably to target his body more and reduce Nates cardio that way, if he has got it in his game to hurt Nates lead leg then he should definitely chop that down and take the zip out of Nates punches. I wouldn't totally abandon headshots either, Nate is easy to cut, he busted that face up pretty bad in 7 minutes so win by cut is also doable.

IMHO it takes about 1-2 years to improve a gas tank made out mostly of white fiber

when trying to turn it into red fiber body must adapt and you lose muscle mass

Sounds like something I learned from an anime.

IMHO it takes about 1-2 years to improve a gas tank made out mostly of white fiber

when trying to turn it into red fiber body must adapt and you lose muscle mass
What kind of Dolche bro science is this?

red fiber= red muscle fiber

white fiber = white muscle fiber

go google it!

I know what it is and I really think I learned it in an anime lol. I wasn't taking a jab at you or anything.

No. He said he was going to come forward same way just last longer. Who knows maybe Nates chin will finally give. Punchers chance is all he has really and he ever had. Problem is he's going against a full size man with a granite chin who rolls with punches. Nate KO rd 3.

He will change his approach, in the end he would still get choke out.

After 196 he said he was uneffiicient with his energy

Now he said he has made some adjustments

Of course his gas tank cannot improve in 5 months......

So instead of fighting using "100% of his power" in every strike he´d try to win a decision using less power (just like 70% hendrics against gsp). That could allow him to make 5 rounds without gassing badly.
Of course that he´d never take nate out this way since Conor´s best shots didn´t even rock nate at 196 so a decision might be his best plan.

That should be his strategy IMO, but I don´t think his ego will allow this: he´ll use all his gas tank to try to destroy Nate in RD1 and deliver a good show and a strong message

What do you think, Sherdog?

Your body adjusts very quickly to a new training programme

Alot of the shots that knock people out arent peoples best shots there just the ones people dont see and catch em just right

His strategy should be to attack nates legs and body and stay on the outside keep the pace slow and not engage much for the first round or 2 and try and frustrate nate get him to walk forward mean mugging and not defending himself properly then close the distance land some bombs and get back on his bike,rinse and repeat

I think he will load up a bit less, and concentrate on hitting the target.

He will also have some respect for Nate's power which he never had in the first fight.

Oh and his gas tank can come on leaps and bounds in 5 months.

I myself have made huge cardio gains in that time, although I was coming from being very out of shape.

I honestly believe that Conor took Nate for granted in the first fight. If any fighter has the drive and desire to win the rematch it's Conor
He's such a fierce competitor that he will adapt his game enough to win, I hope

Back