• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe Conor or Dustin would’ve been more gassed after round 1?

Conor potentially tired his arms from the guillotine depending on how hard he was trying to go for it.

Dustin was going hard af for the finish too.

I doubt the judges would score the fight with 2 points without the 15 second Maul at the end when Dustin was swarming him after Conor broke his leg. So one round in the bag for Dustin and both fighters tired, who do you have winning?

Dustin Poirier is a world-class fighter, who puts in the work, and who is an excellent physical condition.

There is no way Conrat McJoker would outlast Dustin. The difference in their body strength was literally night-and-day.

Poirier could fight at that pace for five rounds. Even without the injury McGregor wasn't making it out of the second.

Conor for sure, there is a reason why he wasn't trying to get up and accepted being on the bottom. It was clear Dustin has a better gas tank and is better conditioned. Conor in his recent fights always looks to be in shock after the first round. He isn't durable anymore and once he starts taking damage he wants out, you can see it in his body language and in his facial expression. Once Dustin started throwing and tagging him he panicked and clinched and went for the guillotine. It was a small exchange and he only got hit a few times, but he already wanted out of the stand up fight from that small exchange. He hasn't recovered mentally from being knocked out and that fear gets exposed quickly once he starts getting hit. Old Conor would smile after exchanges like that and keep throwing and pressuring forward, current Conor goes in panic mode.
You're right. Perfect example is the mendes fight. Got battered on the ground but as soon as he got up he went right back on the offensive. Even smiled and nodded at mendes after getting up.

conor looked like he'd just ran a marathon and dustin like it was the start of rnd 1

if conor made it to rnd 2 he wasn't getting out of it and i'm a fan lol

Conor looked mentally defeated after he got taken down. Also Conor only has 1 round of cardio, not hard to outlast him.

When he was throwing hard offence off his back throughout?

People hallucinate what they want to see

I don’t think many would agree with you here. No matter how much they hate Conor and want to say Dustin might’ve won
Lol. You are literally asking who was more gassed.

Dustin was not at all gassed and has literally never gassed in his UFC career. If you think he was gassed after one round you haven't been paying attention.

Dustin was not at all gassed and has literally never gassed in his UFC career. If you think he was gassed after one round you haven't been paying attention.

I’m not saying that. You said he could fight at that same insane rd1 intensity for 4 more rounds which is ridiculous

I’m not saying that. You said he could fight at that same insane rd1 intensity for 4 more rounds which is ridiculous
It wasn't insanely intense. It was a normal pace with an attempt to finish at the end.

Poirier has incredible conditioning, he would have been completely ready to go round 2.

Even if he still had fight in him ala round 3 against Khabib, second Diaz fight that left hand has proven to be largely ineffective after the the first round and a half and if he couldn't get Poiriers respect with his power then I don't see a path to victory for him.

When Poirier pressured him on the feet Conor had already started gassing. He went for a clinch to try and slow down the pace of the fight because Poirier was pouring it on and he couldn't handle it. He was done at the end of that round, it actually should have been stopped from the GnP but Herb Dean tried to let Conor last out the round

He looked very gassed and slow against khabib after round one, but other than that I've never seen him tired

Back