• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do the women share some responsibility?

One of these women said she had to watch him masturbate to get a three movie deal. I’m free this weekend if Harvey still has the hook up

All of that might have some validity if it weren't for the fact that women face this issue in every profession.

It does have validity. I know a ton of women who say they have never faced this problem. However you still make a good point and I am certainly not arguing that the men share no responsibility. I think mens share is greater in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is this: These women are not brave, these women are cowards. Brave would have been to point the finger after it happened even at the risk of how it might harm your career, and they didn't do that. It's easy to accuse someone when everyone else is doing it, there's a huge safety net protecting you from backlash then.

So the way I look at it, while it was unfair and unethical for these women to have felt co-erced into sex with Harvey (or whoever) the way they were, the fact remains they did it and kept it a secret, so they obviously thought it was worth it for the sake of their careers. And you just know a few of them are probably lying or at least embellishing their stories, you can't convince me some of them weren't just ho's who used their bodies to get ahead and are now trying to pretend they were instead a victim. I mean, this one chick even said she engaged in a five-year "consensual" relationship with Harvey. Give me a break!

Anyway, call it 'smart' if you want, just don't call it brave or courageous because that is one thing it is not.

The people that say yes share some of the responsibility. If some guy says "Suck my dick i'll give you a part in a movie" he's offering a transaction to you. It's harassment too, but it's also an offer. It's also an offer where there is something to gain. On the hierarchy of dubious propositions it's above "Suck my dick or i'll fire you from your current job." or "Suck my dick or you'll never have another job here again." or "Suck my dick because i'm awesome and powerful." It certainly dirties up the industry you're working in if you say yes. With that said, the people who say no have all the right to expose perverts in the industry they're working in and their position, and not the perverts' propositions, should be viewed as the norm.

Here is the problem. If a young up and coming actress says "no" to sex for role, then she has no chance. So in this case I do not put any of the blame on Women because what other choice do they have in the scenario?
She could say "no."

Here is the problem. If a young up and coming actress says "no" to sex for role, then she has no chance. So in this case I do not put any of the blame on Women because what other choice do they have in the scenario?

The choice to say no is always at their disposal. The temptation to do a quick act which will get you millions in the long run is one that no one knows how they will react to until it’s proposed though

It does have validity. I know a ton of women who say they have never faced this problem. However you still make a good point and I am certainly not arguing that the men share no responsibility. I their share is greater in fact.

He is asking if a professional shares some blame if they choose to willingly engage in sexual acts with somebody more powerful than them in order to further their career./QUOTE]

That is exactly what I am saying. I think some people are so politicized that reading comprehension goes out the window.

READ the OP. I specifically excluded rape AND physical intimidation. FUCK......

I can't seem to edit the above post.
The question I have for both of you is who is to decide when it's coercion and when it's fucking your way up the ladder?
Of course, a person who uses their sexuality to get ahead has no right to turn around and complain they were raped but who gets to make that determination? You? How about a court where it belongs, right? The problem is, it is so easy to accuse women of this all the time and their character is dragged through the mud with such thorough zeal it discourages women from coming forward even when they are clearly in the right.

That one time this actress slept with that producer it was because she thought he was smart and hot and wasn't thinking about her career gets turned into whoring when she later gets groped by some other guy and she complains about it. Try to open your mind a bit.

READ the OP. I specifically excluded rape AND physical intimidation. FUCK......
I understand that. Those people aren't complaining, though, are they? Why should they? You said "with all the sexual harassment scandals lately" and connected that with women women who are effectively whoring. Responsibility for what, precisely? By sleeping with some men, there are men who think it's OK to take without asking? Is it clear the overlap between these 2 groups is 100% or something? Because otherwise, I think it's a poorly framed question.

Yes, most of them consented to this relationship because it was worth it to advance their careers

It's not like they couldn't get another job

I'm not defending the monsters who only give roles to girls who will fuck them, but it's not like a back alley rape

The choice to say no is always at their disposal. The temptation to do a quick act which will get you millions in the long run is one that no one knows how they will react to until it’s proposed though

This is absolutely true. And the fact is, it's why there exists the whole "Hollywood casting couch" meme.

Also, similar to sexual favors/assaults to advance one's career, many or even most actresses accept racey scenes and/or nudity. This conversation can and may turn into actresses telling about how they were pressured into a topless scene. Or that some actor that they were coupled with got an erection during an intense "acting" scene while they were both nude. Yes there is culpability on both sides.

Get another job?

Find a role in movie production that is less rapey?

Of course women share some of the responsibility, A LOT of the responsibility is due to their behavior, wants, and desires.

Anybody who denies that is ignoring reality.

So basically Cytherea deserved as did Christie Mack, right?

Cause some of you are really that damn close to saying it

What is the TS saying they have a responsibility for? It seems he is saying they bear responsibility for the assaults/harassment, and rape because of their contribution to the culture.

Well he has a point.

If women weren't so fuckable no one would want to fuck them.

I understand that. Those people aren't complaining, though, are they? Why should they? You said "with all the sexual harassment scandals lately" and connected that with women women who are effectively whoring. Responsibility for what, precisely? By sleeping with some men, there are men who think it's OK to take without asking? Is it clear the overlap between these 2 groups is 100% or something? Because otherwise, I think it's a poorly framed question.

Agreed but don't overlook that TONS of women accept these proposals helping to create the culture that other women complain about.

Agreed but don't overlook that TONS of women accept these proposals helping to create the culture that other women complain about.
Yeah its metric fucktons, right? Because, well, you have all kinds of evidence for that right? Like metric fucktons of proof that your assertion carries any weight whatsoever?

# of guys getting busted lately for their shitty behaviour toward women? TONS.
# of guys coming forward claiming women asked for sex? 0

The issue with this whole discussion is the assumption by so many ITT that women are whores by default and they only don't trade their bodies if men don't want them.

Yeah its metric fucktons, right? Because, well, you have all kinds of evidence for that right? Like metric fucktons of proof that your assertion carries any weight whatsoever?

Hey man there is no need to get so angry about this. I am wanting an intelligent discussion not an emotion fueled one.

There have been many women in hollywood who say the problem is.rampant and that many well known actresses have participated in sex for acting roles but don't dare to say so for reputations sake.

The problem is this is part of what propagates the culture. Many of these in and women all ready have the star power but refuse to accept responsibility for their role in the problem.

It does not have to be black and white.
We can have nuance in our search for them whole story and the whole picture.

Back