Do Rousey and Tate really hate each other? (Or is it an act?)

judoka27

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dana keeps saying "Ronda and Meisha hate each other".

I don't buy it. Something just does not add up.

Consider this:

1) I clearely recall in Rousey's interviews prior to start of filming of TUF when ever a reporter asked her does she hate Tate, the 1st words out of her mouth were "Hate is a strong word" implying she does not hate her. (She would then proceed with her usual spiel of how she respects Tate as an athlete and that she does not like Caraway)

2) In one of the very first scenes of TUF 18 where Rousey sees Tate on set for the very 1st time, Rousey's reaction is she greets Tate, walks up to her, shakes her hand AND bows to her at the same time. If in fact it is true that at that time Rousey did not know that Tate is replacing Zingano, that 1st reaction from Rousey shows that at that time she clearely DID NOT HATE Tate. Shaking another persons hand and bowing to them at the same time is in my opinion a gesture of humility and respect, not hate.

The next thing we know Rousey starts acting irrationally and starts giving Tate the finger every chance she gets without ANY indication what caused this rift all of a sudden. Something clearely happened after that opening scene and 2nd episode, but what ever it was it was not shown to us on TUF. Could it be that after filming that 1st "surprise" scene Dana advised them that for TUF 18 to succeed, they must "hate" each other? Could this all be an act?

Consider this:

1) I clearely recall in Rousey's interviews prior to start of filming of TUF when ever a reporter asked her does she hate Tate, the 1st words out of her mouth were "Hate is a strong word" implying she does not hate her. (She would then proceed with her usual spiel of how she respects Tate as an athlete and that she does not like Caraway)

2) In one of the very first scenes of TUF 18 where Rousey sees Tate on set for the very 1st time, Rousey's reaction is she greets Tate, walks up to her, shakes her hand AND bows to her at the same time. If in fact it is true that at that time Rousey did not know that Tate is replacing Zingano, that 1st reaction from Rousey shows that at that time she clearely DID NOT HATE Tate. Shaking another persons hand and bowing to them at the same time is in my opinion a gesture of humility and respect, not hate.

The next thing we know Rousey starts acting irrationally and starts giving Tate the finger every chance she gets without ANY indication what caused this rift all of a sudden. Something clearely happened after that opening scene and 2nd episode, but what ever it was it was not shown to us on TUF. Could it be that after filming that 1st "surprise" scene Dana advised them that for TUF 18 to succeed, they must "hate" each other? Could this all be an act?

Who knows? But the opening scene only reinforces the fact that Ronda isn't like this with everyone, which is why its funny to see her bashers try to pretend like how she's been with Tate on TUF is going to define her whole character and career.

I believe there is genuine animosity between the two; the gestures of respect you allude to I see all the time between chicks on social media who want to appear like the more mature and responsible one in front of their peers, i.e. "you're not well, I hope you get the help you need. hugs x" really means "you're a psycho b*tch, stay the f*ck away from me".

'page and 'shad were total bros when the cameras weren't on them, but I think Rousey and Tate are more akin to Tito and Shamrock.

Consider this:

They were definitely more cordial at the beginning.... but if I remember correctly it was when Tate's girl beat Baszler. Rhonda said that Tate celebrating her fighters victory was disrespectful to Baszler and the tension built from there. It was the next fight that Rhonda wouldn't shake her hand and flipped her off.

That was what I thought, anyway...

Any two given women hate each other

They were definitely more cordial at the beginning.... but if I remember correctly it was when Tate's girl beat Baszler. Rhonda said that Tate celebrating her fighters victory was disrespectful to Baszler and the tension built from there. It was the next fight that Rhonda wouldn't shake her hand and flipped her off.

That was what I thought, anyway...

She also told her to fuck off, it was a very dynamic gesture.

Its a feud in the UFC which means there is a 99% chance its all bullshit to get attention. Even worse its a feud on TUF so theres a 100% chance its all just scripted bullshit from the UFC to sell a fight.

It probably started off polite because Rousey thought she was only gonna be dealing with Tate for that day, she started going a little weird as soon as she found out Tate was coaching and it built from there

Who knows? But the opening scene only reinforces the fact that Ronda isn't like this with everyone, which is why its funny to see her bashers try to pretend like how she's been with Tate on TUF is going to define her whole character and career.
She is! It doesn't matter how specific we gotta get but its apparent the girl is disturbed.

How did she act to the fan asking about sex? Did she hate him?

th

I'm sure they don't have a blood thirsty hate for each other like many tend to think. At the same time, they don't seem to be each others biggest fan.

i think she hates caraway more.

Any time a woman spends that much attention on a guy, it's not hate that's going through her mind.

Either way it bored me to tears I have the last three episodes waiting to be watched and I can't bring myself to do it.

I think the thing that pissed Ronda off from the beginning is that Tate wasn't up front with her when she greeted her at the TUF gym.

yeah, she's just like this with meisha tate, miesha tate's spouce, dennis hallman, and pretty much anyone who stands up to her and her bully coach.

and no one is saying this will define her career, but it will impact it. she's never going to be the next gina carono.

i think ronda went into this hoping to make a good impression and be a sportsman, and then, we saw the real ronda, who is so overly competitive she flips out. she can't help herself, you can't hide who and what you really are.

this is why she was so conerned about how she would be seen on the show, she walked in looking to leave a good impression and walked out looking terrible.

i'm sure miesha is trying hard to leave a good impression, she's just sane enough to pull it off.

Back