• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do really attractive people have it easier in life?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IDK but it seems that way. My sister in law is not the brightest bulb but she is a legit 9-10 and she climbed a corporate ladder pretty fast. My mom says she doesn't think it had to do with her looks but her social skills, she has really bubbly personality and makes people feel good. But then there are others I know who have great looks, average brains and did very well for themselves in life. While I know a few legit geniuses who failed. They are all either average looking or flat out ugly to look at.

I just feel like when you are highly attractive people go out of their way to be nice to you and do good things for you. Whereas if you're average or ugly then you have to earn everything. Its similar to how celebrities get free expensive stuff but poor people have to beg for bread. I guess it's just how life works

Last edited:
Yes. If you don't think that's the case, spend a day running errands with someone significantly better looking than you, and someone significantly less attractive than you. The difference in the way you're treated, even during small interactions like with a cashier, is huge.

The personality thing is true, go watch some Chef Megan Mitchell vids; she would excel at any job just due to people liking her and wanting her to succeed.

My sister in law is not the brightest bulb but she is a legit 9-10
Pic of the sister in law?

As a Sherdogger I'm obviously attractive, but I don't find it that easy for me. Some days I have to put up with some Boise dimes blabbering about their day for like 5 minutes before she sleeps with me, and I have to pay for my meal at least half the time
<2>

IDK but it seems that way. My sister in law is not the brightest bulb but she is a legit 9-10 and she climbed a corporate ladder pretty fast. My mom says she doesn't think it had to do with her looks but her social skills, she has really bubbly personality and makes people feel good. But then there are others I know who have great looks, average brains and did very well for themselves in life. While I know a few legit geniuses who failed. They are all either average looking or flat out ugly to look at.

I just feel like when you are highly attractive people go out of their way to be nice to you and do good things for you. Whereas if your average or ugly then you have to earn everything. Its similar to how celebrities get free expensive stuff but poor people have to beg for bread. I guess it's just how life works
Ex boyfriend of mine was not a looker at all really. He had gigantic long ears, was in shape enough but no Momoa. He was a really successful estate agent because he was hilarious, charming, and confident.

I was smitten with him regardless of him not being Brad Pitt. It isn't ALL about looks but I understand that it often helps.

I thought yes because many will do dirty work to please someone with the good looks.

I’d say yes and no. Looks will get you far but you still can’t be a complete retard.

Part of attraction is personality/character/confidence so when you combine that with extremely good looks, yes it's very advantageous in life. Good looks can only get you so far especially if you're a bitch with a highly unlikeable and standoffish personality. I've seen both among colleagues.

Well considering that a guy I knew fresh out of high school was walking downtown, got scouted by a modeling agent and the next year he was making $1m year as one Pradas poster boys, soooo yeah if your good looking life is easier.

The key to using beauty to your advantage is to not use it as a crutch.
I could never get my ex wife to understand this. And yes TS, beautiful people have it "easier." I thought this was common knowledge.

Yes. If you don't think that's the case, spend a day running errands with someone significantly better looking than you, and someone significantly less attractive than you. The difference in the way you're treated, even during small interactions like with a cashier, is huge.

You prove a good point. The other day I was at a small grocery store getting a few things. The young cute cashier girl was trying to put some toilet paper into a bag I was getting and she said I don’t know if it will fit. I then replied with “don’t worry I’m used to fitting big things into tight spaces” and I helped her put it into the bag. She got all giddy and laughed, and her professionalism as a cashier on duty immediately went out the window and started talking to me like some horny school girl.

I was able to read her body language though once I approached the line before she started scanning the stuff but already had noticed me - and I knew she would be receptive to whatever I said. If I was someone else she didn’t have any physical attraction to me, I could have been banned from the supermarket for life and even accused of sexual harassment.

It totally is, but only when paired with a friendly outgoing personality. The opposite happens when a good looking person is a bitch or a dick.

Back