• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do professional mma fighters

mrhiggins38112

White Belt
Reaction score
I was looking at bellator mma fighter profiles and I didn't see any that used the fighting style MMA. Do any professional mma fighters use the fighting style mma? Also what fighting style does quinton rampage jackson and rene level martinez use when they fight????

well many of them used to train UFC but do to copyright infringement laws they cant show that on their profiles

hmmmmm. I didn't know UFC was a martial art. On Rene Level MArtinez's profile for fighting style it says "Professional MMA Fighter." Does that mean when he went to a dojo or whatever their called he learned the Martial Art called MMA. You gotta understand I'm a rookie to martial arts and watching MMA fights on TV so I'm kind of ignorant.

either answer my question. or shut your hot dog sucker. -_-
tumblr_mr69aoRdIZ1rr8wbto1_500.gif

... This can not be serious...

But in the case it is. MMA isn't a style in itself, its the combination of styles. Most companies will therefore list a fighters particular strength as their style.

I was looking at bellator mma fighter profiles and I didn't see any that used the fighting style MMA. Do any professional mma fighters use the fighting style mma? Also what fighting style does quinton rampage jackson and rene level martinez use when they fight????

I guess I am going to step out and be the only person here who's not a total dick, and this is rare for me.

There's not really a form or style that is considered MMA, I would think what you're looking for is sometimes you see guys listed as "free-style fighters".

Rampage has kick-boxing base. He's fought a few pro-kick boxing matches before transitioning to MMA.

Very few "free style" fighters make it to the highest level of MMA because they don't have a base discipline to hang their hat on - BJJ, Wrestling, ect.

There's not really a form or style that is considered MMA, I would think what you're looking for is sometimes you see guys listed as "free-style fighters".

Very few "free style" fighters make it to the highest level of MMA because they don't have a base discipline to hang their hat on - BJJ, Wrestling, ect.

hmmmmmm. So I guess going to a dojo and taking MMA classes would be a waste if you wanted to become a professional fighter. Shucks. That's what I meant, did any Bellator fighters go to learn MMA at their Dojo's before they became professionals. I guess instead of taking up mixed martial arts they just master various martial arts and mix them together themselves. That sux I wanted to learn MMA, now I'm a little skeptical.

He is on the right path, staying in Japan and fighting lower level talent.

I guess I am going to step out and be the only person here who's not a total dick, and this is rare for me.

Rampage has kick-boxing base. He's fought a few pro-kick boxing matches before transitioning to MMA.

edited due to misreading quoted.

Last edited:
hmmmmmm. So I guess going to a dojo and taking MMA classes would be a waste if you wanted to become a professional fighter. Shucks. That's what I meant, did any Bellator fighters go to learn MMA at their Dojo's before they became professionals. I guess instead of taking up mixed martial arts they just master various martial arts and mix them together themselves. That sux I wanted to learn MMA, now I'm a little skeptical.

"MMA classes" likely refer to a class that teaches aspects of several disciples. Little bit of boxing, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, im guessing?

If you're serious about getting into MMA, find a good school and take a good base to get established. You've got to have a ground game, so if you didn't grow up wrestling then I would probably tell you to find a BJJ or Judo school and start there.

If you enjoy it enough to want to move forward and learn striking, ect. I am sure if you have a good BJJ instructor they can direct you to people who can help train those early areas.

All-In [as in they teach you bits of each discipline] is fine to get you started, but if you're really serious about going far in MMA you will have to develop your skills individually [ie go to a Boxing Gym to learn Boxing,etc] to fully develop your skills. Unless you want to be a Jack of all trade, Master of none type that have flooded MMA. GSP is one of the elites and expert in every range of fighting because he does train each discipline separately and then incorporates them into his MMA training.

edited due to misreading quoted.

All-In [as in they teach you bits of each discipline] is fine to get you started, but if you're really serious about going far in MMA you will have to develop your skills individually [ie go to a Boxing Gym to learn Boxing,etc] to fully develop your skills. Unless you want to be a Jack of all trade, Master of none type that have flooded MMA. GSP is one of the elites and expert in every range of fighting because he does train each discipline separately and then incorporates them into his MMA training.

Thanks. What did you mean by GSP? What does GSP stand for? I'm guessing he is a fighter. I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks. What did you mean by GSP? What does GSP stand for? I'm guessing he is a fighter. I'm new to this so please excuse my ignorance.

You're Welcome. GSP= Georges St.Pierre. Current UFC Welterweight champ.

Thanks brother. Some people give smart allic condescending replies with out answering the question. If they were in a situation where they needed help with something they would hate to be treated the same way. But thanks to everyone nice and humble enough to help a rookie out on his quest to become a fighter.:wink:

Back