Do over-saturated media commitments jeapordize bout quality

AUS FIGHTNUT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
In one of McGregor's recent interviews he commented on the fact that he was yet to perfect the impact that the media commitments have on his fight week preparation, which led me to question are we being deprived of a better fight simply because of the saturated promotion of the bout during fight week?

That's a very long-winded title that boils down to "Is the UFC dying?"

i think it does if you arent accustomed to it or do not expect it.. i think it effects fighters less who have experience dealing with it

The weight cut has an impact on the fight too. Let's discuss that as well! :rolleyes:

In one of McGregor's recent interviews he commented on the fact that he was yet to perfect the impact that the media commitments have on his fight week preparation, which led me to question are we being deprived of a better fight simply because of the saturated promotion of the bout during fight week?

I gotta believe that to some degree that takes a lot out of a fighter's momentum, concentration, etc.

Many, if not most of these guys are "simply" fighters, and not talkers...it's pretty obvious when you hear them speak for more than 20 seconds.

after weigh-ins, they should be interviewed ... just let them rehydrate and get some f**king rest.

after weigh-ins, they should be interviewed ... just let them rehydrate and get some f**king rest.

I think my point is that it seems to be and endless barrage of appointments and interviews to promote the event.I'm left wondering how they have the energy left to fit in last minute tweeks to their preparation. I understand enough about MMA to know that the last week of training is light when compared to the bulk of the training camp, but there is obviously some refinement of techniques to be made along with the weight cut. It just amazes me how the fighters with the higher profiles that the UFC use to sell their cards keep up with it all.

Wow, how do ya live with such a lack of tolerance toward your fellow man?

I mostly just avoid interaction. Obvious exceptions are Modafferi and Abul, but that's a yin-yang situation. Creates a good balance.

I mostly just avoid interaction. Obvious exceptions are Modafferi and Abul, but that's a yin-yang situation. Creates a good balance.

But you have such a sense of humor, people usually like those things.

Back