Do most people slow down at 25 years old?

S

SteveSmith

Do most people slow down at 25 years old? Or does it happen later?

depends on who you are
most athletes peak between 25-32 but most normal people slow down because of lifestyle changes (marriage, bad food, less training, more beer)

Yeah, I know a lot of guys who are really fat and softened by the time they are 25. I try to not be like this.

Nature only kicks in at the beginning of your 30's. When depends on your training/genes and lifestyle. If it happens in your 20's you must have put on weight, not train as hard or lifestyle change.

You can maintain your fitness until well into your 40s.
At some time between 27 & 32 your reflexes will begin to slow.
Also, in your early 30s your recovery time will tend to start being a bit longer.
At 25-27 you should really be at your peak athletically.

you also lose a lot of muscle mass naturally in your mid to late 30's, so unless you weight train you will become weaker. testosterone levels drop, recovery time increases, you lose head hair but gain hair in spots like back and eyebrows, young hip hop kids start beating you to the jab..you end up with teachers younger than you..your hangovers last way longer, your wife begins to sag....

oops i went on a little too long didn't I?

Personally, I noticed a definite change at 30. Not just in stamina, but in mentality too.

Hell no. I'm turning 27 soon and would WASTE me if I could fight the version of me that was running around 8-10 years ago. That guy was a jackass who didn't know diddly-shit about what it took to be in good conditioning.

Im 25...got out of the military 2 years ago and i train 6 days a week..i guess im just used to it..like getting up in the morning and taking a dump..just something you do everyday

the thread starter was def low in his estimate.....REx is more in line...it varies from person to person but about 32 or 33 was when i noticed i was slower to react to stuff thrown at me...I'd think move, but I wouldn't move, then I'd think I should've moved but didn't...those of you who have been training for years and are still sub 30 will probably find your personal slow down age is latter in life...but it will happen, no matter what you do, it'll happen and some young punk will be popping you with jabs that you know you should've slipped and made him pay....

25 is the beginning of the primes actually.

the thread starter was def low in his estimate.....REx is more in line...it varies from person to person but about 32 or 33 was when i noticed i was slower to react to stuff thrown at me...I'd think move, but I wouldn't move, then I'd think I should've moved but didn't...those of you who have been training for years and are still sub 30 will probably find your personal slow down age is latter in life...but it will happen, no matter what you do, it'll happen and some young punk will be popping you with jabs that you know you should've slipped and made him pay....

Pshhh, damn that. The day I get tagged by 2 or more series' of double-jabs is the day I dedicate my training to ONLY cheating techniques. Young bucks, watch your nuts.

24 and in the best shape of my life, so i guess i should enjoy it while i can......

i seem to age slower than all of my buddies. they all complain about beer putting weight on them when i have trouble gaining weight if i try. as i get better looking as i age, i have a feeling i will only get stronger with age.

King Kabuki said:
Hell no. I'm turning 27 soon and would WASTE me if I could fight the version of me that was running around 8-10 years ago. That guy was a jackass who didn't know diddly-shit about what it took to be in good conditioning.

For real.

24 now, so only 6months before i turn in to Homer Simpson. Right now im more like Willy when he takes his shirt off.

Rexholio said:
Personally, I noticed a definite change at 30. Not just in stamina, but in mentality too.

Yep same here heh. I don't know if I just have different priorities or what, but I have changed too since i hit 29/30.

Back