Do Mexicans have a green light to use Clen?

vapor&dust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know the Canelo situation. Now 2 more Mexican fighters have tested positive for Clen but according to the WBC:

"WBC champion Rey Vargas and WBC challenger Julio Cesar Martinez are at no fault with regards to their VADA atypical finding."

So WADA sets a higher threshold and it's all good. I'd prefer to see clean fighters but it's probably just creating a more even playing field to just let them juice if they want to. It's a dangerous sport and all that but no one's forcing them to fight.

https://fightnews.com/wbc-statement-on-clenbuterol/60307

We all know the Canelo situation. Now 2 more Mexican fighters have tested positive for Clen but according to the WBC:

"WBC champion Rey Vargas and WBC challenger Julio Cesar Martinez are at no fault with regards to their VADA atypical finding."

So WADA sets a higher threshold and it's all good. I'd prefer to see clean fighters but it's probably just creating a more even playing field to just let them juice if they want to. It's a dangerous sport and all that but no one's forcing them to fight.

https://fightnews.com/wbc-statement-on-clenbuterol/60307
WADA can set it all they want, VADA can still flag it as a failed test, WBC then is up to say they are using the WADA thresholds and not VADA's.

The other 3 sanctioning bodies may not use WADA's thresholds and just accept VADA's findings. VADA is at free will to use a stricter code than what WADA recommends, as they already do so with a lot of out of competition findings which they considered failed tests which aren't under WADA, I believe this is why BJS failed his test.

They are all on epo and steroids as far as I’m concerned any way :)

Maybe the contaminated meat issue in Mexico is real and serious? I don’t knowwwww lol. I have a hard time trusting these anti doping agencies sometimes. Especially after the Nate Diaz issue a couple weeks ago

Doesn’t the WBC now simply accept the Olympic standard?

Doesn’t the WBC now simply accept the Olympic standard?
Eh, it’s kind of tricky. In general, yes. But like the country holding the Olympics are responsible for getting the samples and testing. I believe WADA said 50% of the samples had to be thrown out during the Rio games.

That said, VADA can still fail a test if they don’t use WADA’s standards, and there are cases where they are a bit stricter, as in an out of competition positive test for some substances are treated the same as in competition. Some of those substances I believe are allowed out of competition by WADA.

If VADA fails a test and they pass it on to an athletic commission, say Massachusetts for example, the athletic commission can say that they voluntarily chose to use VADA for testing and accept that as a failed test; even if it’s within the WBC rules.

At least that’s my understanding

Canelos vindicated.
Not Guilty.
P4p #1

If you're Mexican there's basically no reason not to use Clen.

If you're Mexican there's basically no reason not to use Clen.
Unfortunately true. As the title says this just gives Clen users a green light.

Last edited:
Eh, it’s kind of tricky. In general, yes. But like the country holding the Olympics are responsible for getting the samples and testing. I believe WADA said 50% of the samples had to be thrown out during the Rio games.

That said, VADA can still fail a test if they don’t use WADA’s standards, and there are cases where they are a bit stricter, as in an out of competition positive test for some substances are treated the same as in competition. Some of those substances I believe are allowed out of competition by WADA.

If VADA fails a test and they pass it on to an athletic commission, say Massachusetts for example, the athletic commission can say that they voluntarily chose to use VADA for testing and accept that as a failed test; even if it’s within the WBC rules.

That does sound tricky.

There’s still a pretty low ceiling on the quantity of Clen which can be present for the WBC to accept a fighter as ‘clean’ though, right? I’m basically trying to understand as a not-so-bright layperson, are the cynics right and it’s open slather. Because it doesn’t seem to me to be the case.

EDIT: also, thanks

Maybe the contaminated meat issue in Mexico is real and serious? I don’t knowwwww lol. I have a hard time trusting these anti doping agencies sometimes. Especially after the Nate Diaz issue a couple weeks ago
I've read that it is a real issue in mexico. That said, these people are pros. They should know what they are putting in their bodies

Especially someone with the type of cash and resources that Canelo has. I like canelo, but i ain't covering his is failed tests

But they'll still be a champ, and not be stripped of the belt if they are caught, which is significant, too. And if the promoter keepa their cheater as champ, than there is no united front, and it's always easier to do nothing as a group, than to be one of the few people exerting themselves trying to do right.

Human nature will shine through in a bad way here, I feel. Enable the easy, lazy, cheap, cheating option.

Thanks, WBC. Thanks for reducing an already troubled sport with one more step toward being a farce.

But they'll still be a champ, and not be stripped of the belt if they are caught, which is significant, too. And if the promoter keepa their cheater as champ, than there is no united front, and it's always easier to do nothing as a group, than to be one of the few people exerting themselves trying to do right.

Human nature will shine through in a bad way here, I feel. Enable the easy, lazy, cheap, cheating option.

Thanks, WBC. Thanks for reducing an already troubled sport with one more step toward being a farce.
Well, they’ll still be stripped if an athletic commission hands down a 1 year suspension and they can’t defend their title during said time

About as much of a green light as black American fighters have to use Turinabol and testosterone/estrogen blockers.

Lol clenbuterol is not juice. It's a bronchodialator. Mexico has no usda that regulates what the farmers feed the cows.

Back