Sherdog Oliver

Hahaahah deleted the videos noone can see me now

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimeo wants to charge, they got good visual quality. Second video

Streamable, I don't like the quality

Probably gonna do YouTube down the line

"to" should be "too."

Sparring, I don;t get a lot of what I see here. Enjoyment over martial arts me sees.{<hhh]

Boxing vs unformaly trained opponent, "self trained"

Boxing vs pro, good video quality, click full screen option

Kickboxing vs same pro

Yes it's the infamous zemokicks hi hi hi

I do not have cardio. I never train but I smoke cigarettes hi hi hi

Yeah, bang rating is low...

"to" should be "too."

Sparring, I don;t get a lot of what I see here. Enjoyment over martial arts me sees.{<hhh]
I've talked about this when I put my striking focus on boxing. pls. refer.

Sparring is massively popular here (TSF). Seeing this, is now explains all these sparring sessions we see at the Asian arts dojo's, whatever. People are signing up to show they can do the same 'fun' stuff sports does, compete and beat the other guy / gal, I'm a winna. Going back to boxing, there's a foundation to be laid... goes by the wayside.

A forum environment only encourages this. Show off. Show doing stuff. Which is fine. Doesn't make that the basis for martial arts training. Not what we do @ our Judo dojo.<Durant35>

I've talked about this when I put my striking focus on boxing. pls. refer.

Sparring is massively popular here (TSF). Seeing this, is now explains all these sparring sessions we see at the Asian arts dojo's, whatever. People are signing up to show they can do the same 'fun' stuff sports does, compete and beat the other guy / gal, I'm a winna. Going back to boxing, there's a foundation to be laid... goes by the wayside.

A forum environment only encourages this. Show off. Show doing stuff. Which is fine. Doesn't make that the basis for martial arts training. Not what we do @ our Judo dojo.<Durant35>

This is what goes through my head every time i read one of your posts.

This is what goes through my head every time i read one of your posts.

Firas Zahabi says I don’t need to hit pads! Pad holding helps the coach more than the student?
•Oct 25, 2019
[Ramsey Dewey link omitted]

Ramsey Dewey
130K subscribers

Firas Zahabi is one of the leading experts in coaching the sport of Mixed Martial Arts- having trained UFC legend Georges Saint Pierre, among others. And Mr. Zahabi often makes controversial statements about training that challenge conventional wisdom. Most recently he said it’s not necessary to hit pads to be a great fighter. Context is key to understand statements like this. In this vlog, I discuss how in many ways, pad holding is actually more helpful for the pad holder than for the athlete hitting them. Question everything!

When I began posting, I questioned the value of mitts training for boxing. Got roundly trolled & criticized. Now, a few months later, Firas Zahabi comes up with this sudden flash of truth. And Firas is regarded as one of the top MMA camps / trainers. Lauded & applauded by thousands. WTF???

I've visited some of the boxing threads here on pads and on YT. Mitt and padwork are generally accepted as a valuable component of boxing training. I just questioned it personally, thinking about how I would want to train, best train. Now Firas does the same and he's a genius??? Again, WTF?>??

We continue to see a bias here for certain arts, practices and certain members being 'top dogs,' all in line with the MMA paycheck.

That's why your head hurts.<MaryseShutIt>

Last edited:
I'm skeptical about the value of this kind of training.

Said so in the TKD video's for instance. MMA claims karate, etc. is McDojo martial arts, <{danayeah}>then does the same.{<RR}

So you think if it's not aesthetic to the comon eye it's sloppy like Ronda. Cause you can't box and therefore don't recognize it <45>

Yeah, bang rating is low...

Very low fr. Next video gonna he hard o_O

With the black guy, I trust him we do good work. Gonna baaaang. He's the kinda guy to never injure me hurt me. Besides when our shinguards slipped and I kicked his knee. That did hurt. And once he crescent kicked me in the mouth.

We gon record a banger. Not sure when. Next month likely .

Gonna have some lame sparring soon in croatia , with mt childhood friend. It's gonna be lame cause he only boxes and is like 6'6. So good luck getting close and having clean action.

We should go hard too. These videos only for practicioners fun. Too light.

And a better camera and better quality upload.

Thanks

So you think if it's not aesthetic to the comon eye it's sloppy like Ronda. Cause you can't box and therefore don't recognize it <45>
<45>Tit for tat I see. GAve you something to do.<Oku03>

This is this juvenile trolling to distract from the martial issues. "So you think...."

I came across some good videos to make my point, some TKD ones. But meh.

OKAY,,,,
John Wayne Parr smashing Pads at Tristar with Coach Firas Zahabi
•Aug 18, 2013

Tristar Gym
199K subscribers

Can I be a certified member of the TSF now?<Dany07>

p.s. Ya'll wimps compared to JWP & Coachmaster par excellance Firas Zahabi.

p.s.s. Firas said just yesterday this was not needed. oooopppps, guess I have to withdraw my application.<{1-1}>

Very low fr. Next video gonna he hard o_O

With the black guy, I trust him we do good work. Gonna baaaang. He's the kinda guy to never injure me hurt me. Besides when our shinguards slipped and I kicked his knee. That did hurt. And once he crescent kicked me in the mouth.

We gon record a banger. Not sure when. Next month likely .

Gonna have some lame sparring soon in croatia , with mt childhood friend. It's gonna be lame cause he only boxes and is like 6'6. So good luck getting close and having clean action.

We should go hard too. These videos only for practicioners fun. Too light.

And a better camera and better quality upload.

Thanks

I'm kidding bro, nothing wrong with light sparring.

Firas Zahabi says I don’t need to hit pads! Pad holding helps the coach more than the student?
•Oct 25, 2019
[Ramsey Dewey link omitted]

Ramsey Dewey
130K subscribers

Firas Zahabi is one of the leading experts in coaching the sport of Mixed Martial Arts- having trained UFC legend Georges Saint Pierre, among others. And Mr. Zahabi often makes controversial statements about training that challenge conventional wisdom. Most recently he said it’s not necessary to hit pads to be a great fighter. Context is key to understand statements like this. In this vlog, I discuss how in many ways, pad holding is actually more helpful for the pad holder than for the athlete hitting them. Question everything!

When I began posting, I questioned the value of mitts training for boxing. Got roundly trolled & criticized. Now, a few months later, Firas Zahabi comes up with this sudden flash of truth. And Firas is regarded as one of the top MMA camps / trainers. Lauded & applauded by thousands. WTF???

I've visited some of the boxing threads here on pads and on YT. Mitt and padwork are generally accepted as a valuable component of boxing training. I just questioned it personally, thinking about how I would want to train, best train. Now Firas does the same and he's a genius??? Again, WTF?>??

We continue to see a bias here for certain arts, practices and certain members being 'top dogs,' all in line with the MMA paycheck.

That's why your head hurts.<MaryseShutIt>

You question everything, because you know nothing about anything. You have no actual experience in any training, and just ramble on about whatever half assed idea pops into your head. But i'm not gonna bother trying to convince you. Just wanted you to know that the line from that video is what I hear in my head every time i read your posts.

That idiot successfully derailed your thread, but what i see is you plodding forward without respecting range or footwork at all. If you gonna plod you need to jab or throw some punches on your way in. Just covering up and walking forward is doing you no favors. If you are going to do that, at least feel out the range and walk forward way slower instead of blindly chasing

<45>Tit for tat I see. GAve you something to do.<Oku03>

This is this juvenile trolling to distract from the martial issues. "So you think...."

I came across some good videos to make my point, some TKD ones. But meh.

I'm not sure I comprehended your two messages. Is your english good ? Or is mine not good enough to understand it.

That idiot successfully derailed your thread, but what i see is you plodding forward without respecting range or footwork at all. If you gonna plod you need to jab or throw some punches on your way in. Just covering up and walking forward is doing you no favors. If you are going to do that, at least feel out the range and walk forward way slower instead of blindly chasing

Hmm I dare to disagree. When did I get punished for it ? I'm fat heavily out of shape smoking and it conserves energy . Or I'll be too out of breath to attack. The black sparring partner is really really in shape and 30kg lighter so there is a speed dif.

Which of the 3 videos ? Gotta chase the black guy as he is 30 kg lighter and really in shape. Covering up is actually my double guard. It's very active.

Hmm I dare to disagree. When did I get punished for it ? I'm fat heavily out of shape smoking and it conserves energy . Or I'll be too out of breath to attack. The black sparring partner is really really i shaper and 30kg lighter so there is a speed dif.

Which of the 3 videos ? Gotta chase the black guy as he is 30 kg lighter and really in shape. Covering up is actually my double guard. It's very active.
Whatever man. You’re going super light but if it was anything but that you would be getting blasted to your guard and bodied

Back