Do broad shoulders help your shoulder striking ability?

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jones was doing it beforehand

UnfortunateMeagerAruanas.gif

More recently Conor has begun using the technique

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Both broad shouldered individuals but would someone like Max Holloway be as effective at using this technique

Dy2LNoSVYAMuetN.jpg

If only someone taught Phil Davis that technique. He probably would have been the goat..

its more about the angle you create for the strike than how broad your shoulders are imo

I was watching the mavs vs clippers yesterday and couldn’t help but wonder how much damage Kawhi could do with his shoulders, Jesus.

Attachments

• E0ABA817-5011-4719-B750-60CABB2BA27C.jpeg
    E0ABA817-5011-4719-B750-60CABB2BA27C.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 4
Yeah they do

Still a pretty small part of the overall clinch game lol

I love Donald but him breaking to shoulder strikes was really embarrassing

I'd think it doesn't really matter--if the point of the shoulder contacts a bony part of the face it's gonna do a lot of damage.

Accuracy of the strike and overall core strength (for power in delivering the strike) would be all that matters IMO.

Jones was doing it beforehand

UnfortunateMeagerAruanas.gif

More recently Conor has begun using the technique

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Both broad shouldered individuals but would someone like Max Holloway be as effective at using this technique

Dy2LNoSVYAMuetN.jpg

The technique relies not on conors shoulders but his imaginary lats

guys with broader shoulders usually have longer arms, and vice versa.

guys with longer arms can have difficulty striking on the inside. so they have to use elbows, shoulders.

conor and jones are very long for their respective size.

but with regard to conor's recent win - any strike thrown in the first 5 seconds of a fight is going to be powerful, since the fighter is not tired yet. try throwing shoulder strikes in round 5 of shogun/hendo and it will look like two dudes chest bumping and stumbling around.

It helps if your opponent makes no attempt to move out of the way.

Just like having a big D helps u in the sack....No.

Back