• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do any of you train with contacts?

fightingrabbit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do they stay in your eyes if you spar and get hit? Or do you take them out before you train? They're probablly impossible to find once they fall out.

When I trained in BJJ my contacts fell out all the time. I haven't had the problem when training Muay Thai, though.

lol but doi you think when they hit you in the eye with a glove itll fall out?

how much were ur contacts btw

I wear daily disposables. Never had a problem doing any sport - surfing/sailboat racing included.

i do, it fell out a couple of times in sparring

happens like 1 out of every 10 times or so

I wear daily disposables. Never had a problem doing any sport - surfing/sailboat racing included.

cool, it would be nice to be able to see in the ring, and be able to see if i bloodied my opponent any, lol.

I don't wear any but it's funny in a given class when someone says they've lost their contact and then waste the next 10 minutes of their life looking for it.

ps: Don't wear your contacts in class. You'll be fine unless you are planning to seriously become a pro-fighter.

I wear contacts, and during class, I'm fine. But once I get hit in the eye, it's more than likely the contact is going to end up on the ground. I'll usually find it as soon as it falls and just set it aside, then spar with one eye. Haven't gotten both knocked out yet. I think I'd be SOL if they both fell out. haha.

lol but doi you think when they hit you in the eye with a glove itll fall out?

how much were ur contacts btw

I wear disposables, so they're not that expensive and it's not a big deal if I lose one.

When I get in the eye, sometimes my contact gets a little blurry, not really that much, but noticeable. Other than that, it never fell out of my eye yet.

Ive sparred with guys (i dont wear them)and they go flying out...usually find them pretty quick too but they just toss them aside.
I suppose it depends on if you vision and if you can spar without them or not..

HAHA...had a funny memory just pop back into my head when I read the title.

Yeah. I had the contact in my left eye 'fall' out during a grappling session. More like it slid out, though.

I was still relatively new to the ground game and didn't know any better.

Anyways, I was paired up with this fat guy, who outweighed my 150 lbs. frame by 63 lbs. Everyone called him 'Sarge' because he was a Sergeant in the county sheriff's dept.

So we squared off, feeling each other for 2-3 mins and then we ended up with him cross mounting me. He lays his fat gut on top of my face, sweaty and smelly and all. And then, I felt my left eye stinging and I'm like 'wtf?' Lol, he was SO FAT that his cross mount on my face covered me from head to chest. So I did the guard escape and said 'Okay, stop, I think my eye fell out.' But I was able to find my contact in less than 30 seconds. I went to the bathroom, washed it for a few seconds, and popped it back in. Kept on rolling...

So yeah, my contact has fallen out before. TKO by fat gut to face.

Do they stay in your eyes if you spar and get hit? Or do you take them out before you train? They're probablly impossible to find once they fall out.

I have been hit and had that happen. Contacts are a pain in the ass when sparring. (boxing or muay thai)

One of the instructors loses one every month or so, and I know another guy in class has lost his. So yeah, they fall out for sure even during training, let alone sparring.

My contact got nearly punched out once during sparring, but i've never lost one.

Through four fights I haven't lost a single contact, but my eyes are pretty small and slanted so in this case it's actually somewhat of an advantage. (lol)

Unfortunately for me i can't see 3 feet in front of me without contacts so i have no choice.

Damn you guys with contacts who don't get them knocked out must have crazy good defense or something.

If I spar for more than a few rounds it's almost guaranteed that a jab will knock out one of my contacts

Damn you guys with contacts who don't get them knocked out must have crazy good defense or something.

If I spar for more than a few rounds it's almost guaranteed that a jab will knock out one of my contacts

Maybe it's the contacts you use or something. Iv'e only had a contact knocked out once (well not knocked out, it just moved from my iris) and the punch hit me straight in the eye. Maybe I've been just lucky but personally I've never had problems with contacts. In a fight you can still continue normally if one gets knocked out, might be trouble if you lose both.

I would never wear contacts during a fight or training. Why get used to that when you could get them knocked out during an important fight and you won't be able to see anymore! It's better to get used to not wearing them so that your vision will always be consistent.

I used to wear hard contacts (Rigid gas perm) and only had them knocked out once. I did have an unpleasant experience with them though. I got tagged with an elbow that closed my eye up for a few days. When the swelling went down enough to get the contact out, my eye was literally blood red and extremely light sensitive for a few days afterwards. Not fun.

Now I just guess which fuzzy thing to hit.

I used to wear hard contacts (Rigid gas perm) and only had them knocked out once. I did have an unpleasant experience with them though. I got tagged with an elbow that closed my eye up for a few days. When the swelling went down enough to get the contact out, my eye was literally blood red and extremely light sensitive for a few days afterwards. Not fun.

Now I just guess which fuzzy thing to hit.

hard contacts just sound like a bad idea for sparring, im pretty sure most people these days wear soft

I would never wear contacts during a fight or training. Why get used to that when you could get them knocked out during an important fight and you won't be able to see anymore! It's better to get used to not wearing them so that your vision will always be consistent.

ummm....well, some people like me) kinda need to wear them. My vision is that bad. I have found that as long as they are a relatively new pair and kept really clean and lubricated they don't fall out as easily. I just bring along some eye drops and make sure my eyes aren't dry before hand and always have spares in case I do lose one.

Back