• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do any companies sell bacon with out the fat?

You have always been a bastard.
tumblr_mrjb6eWqwR1qe6se3o1_400.gifv

You want medallions.

Then again, you don't really get much bacon in a pack of medallions.

I'm the same way with fat. I don't like the texture, or rubbery food in general. I tend to just cut it off the side.

I swear I'm the only person who doesn't like bacon and is perplexed by its popularity. Same with ham and other cold meats, gross.
Cooked pork chops nice though.

BaconSteak1__61750.1584573375.jpg

Bacon steak. My buddy was truly excited to try one but was less than satisfied. Said it pales in comparison.

I prefer fried salmon skin. I was surprised when I discovered that.

In the UK we have things called gammon steaks which are essentially bacon steaks - ie. pork treated with the same cancerous nitrate salts that give bacon it's amazing flavor.

It's not as good as bacon. A thicker cut of meat absorbs less of the delicious flavours and can never get the same texture as thin fried strips of meat. They're always a bit rubbery.

gammon-steaks_2019.jpg

In the UK we have things called gammon steaks which are essentially bacon steaks - ie. pork treated with the same cancerous nitrate salts that give bacon it's amazing flavor.

It's not as good as bacon. A thicker cut of meat absorbs less of the delicious flavours and can never get the same texture as thin fried strips of meat. They're always a bit rubbery.

gammon-steaks_2019.jpg

I think we call that ham over here.

Mmmmmm, cancerous nitrate salts.

I cant eat the fat, which is like 60 fucking percent of each strip of bacon. do any companies sell bacon with the fat already cut off? what about candied fat free bacon?

WaryQuerulousAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

because the texture of fat is DISGUSTING.

bacon should be cooked in some good melted fat grease, but I dont want to eat the big pieces of rubbery fat that doesnt melt

I can manage if its extra crispy like this, but it would be a whole let better if I could get nice thicc strips with out the fat altogether

Bacon-in-the-Oven-5.jpg

do you like super fatty beef jerky? its the exact same thing
Who eats bacon any other way than extra crispy

<23>

I think we call that ham over here.

Mmmmmm, cancerous nitrate salts.

It's basically the same as ham, the only diffference is ham is usually cooked as a big joint, where as gammon steaks are cut to shape when the meat is still raw.

I swear I'm the only person who doesn't like bacon and is perplexed by its popularity. Same with ham and other cold meats, gross.
Cooked pork chops nice though.
+1 about bacon. I also don't like potatoes so what do I know. Love me some ham though.

Bake your bacon in a pan that has a built in grate to drain to the bottom of the pan. If you don't have a pan like that, then drain the grease from it often while cooking. Do that and bacon always cooks up very crispy.

Back