DJ i think was Happy to lose

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I don't by any means think DJ threw the fight

But by losing, he can have a nice payday with a trilogy with Henry

If he won, every gets bored with the division , "weak division" etc

DJ wasn't happy he lost a split decision.

Imagine the day a champion is happy to lose his belt lol

Not even you think you're right, TS.

Not even you think you're right, TS.

Being humble in defeat isn't exactly being happy. DJ is a class act, very impressed with how he carried himself tonight.

Yes, because everyone loves being second place.

Are you fooking srs TS?

<JagsKiddingMe>

DJ deserves all the credit in the world for how he took losing his belt, reign and effectively ending his record setting title defenses in a questionable decision.

Never liked him, never liked 125 but the guy deserves some credit.

he should have taken the tj fight at 135. it was a win/win for him. he wins, he's double-champ. he loses, he has an excuse for having lost, since he moved up. that's what i said before the fight. well, i said that i'd laugh my ass off if he lost to cejudo, to miss out on a big payday with tj. and that's what happened. maybe he'll change his mind and reclaim the belt to fight tj later down the road. but that's up in the air at this point.

TS, that's just dumb.

giphy.gif

they kinda just gave away dj's reign to cejudo lol cejudo didnt even do any damage on the ground lmao. dj kicked the shit outta him on the feet

Yeah I bet the thought of losing his sponsors puts a smile on his face because of the super fight with ppv draw Henry Cejudo.

I wouldn't say happy. But maybe, less unhappy than he would have been had the loss occurred before he broke the consecutive defense record.

he should have taken the tj fight at 135. it was a win/win for him. he wins, he's double-champ. he loses, he has an excuse for having lost, since he moved up. that's what i said before the fight. well, i said that i'd laugh my ass off if he lost to cejudo, to miss out on a big payday with tj. and that's what happened. maybe he'll change his mind and reclaim the belt to fight tj later down the road. but that's up in the air at this point.

Maybe the loss can be turned in a good thing since he now has nothing to lose. If he lost to TJ he would lose his record. But that's gone now.

I wonder if TJ will still want to fight DJ or the the champion at 125. Kind of looked liked he just wanted to mess DJ's record.

I also think dj was not upset by losing. Now he doesnt have to feel pressured into moving up or to take a big challenge. Now everyone will leave him alone and he can fight at 125 without anyone flaming him.

Back