• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dissension still brewing within the DNC

JudoThrowFiasco

Charming Quark
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Longtime DNC officials frustrated with delegate shake-up

"Some prominent members of the the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) are frustrated with the party's new slate of at-large delegates.

The moves have drawn criticism the progressive-leaning Democrats who feel the staff shakeup is retribution for their opposition to its new ChairmanTom Perez during February's chairman race.

NBC News first reported the grumblings over Perez's slate of at-large members on Wednesday night.

Perez made his picks for the DNC's at-large positions ahead of this week's fall meeting in Las Vegas. In some cases, Perez tapped those who had supported Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who ran against Perez in the DNC race earlier this year. But in others, prominent members who supported Ellison during the chair race or Sen. Bernie Sanders(I-Vt.) during the presidential race, saw themselves demoted.

Those DNC members include Ray Buckley, James Zogby, Alice Germond and Barbra Casbar Siperstein, who supported Ellison, who ran against Perez for the chairmanship, or Sanders..."

...But critics charge that the at-large slate and committee appointments are a step backward in the push to unify the party after a contentious primary.

The announcement came on the heels of news that some DNC members are promoting a resolution that would urge Sanders to register as a Democrat, a proposal Sanders supporters dismissed as a distraction.

the-real-reason-its-hard-to-take-bernie-sanders-seriously-on-wall-street-reform.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Seems like the DNC is still dealing with internal dissension from those comical progressives by ousting large number of them from at-large delegation spots. The trend also seems to point that the division within the DNC that plagued them during the primaries culminating at the coventition with the Bernie bots showing their ire -- still remains a large factor in the divide among democrats.

Equally as funny is how the DNC is spinning the switch up by saying it leaves room for millennials, gays/trannies and POC's to obtain prominent positions -- in an obvious attempt to catch progressives in a SJW logic loop.

So, what say you WR, will the DNC "unify" by 2018/20 or will the seeds of division planted in 2016 continue to grow?

Will the progressives finally try to branch off into their own party?

Will this divide lead to the GOP holding on to legislative and executive?

When your biggest stars are Maxine Watters, Bedazzled cowboy hat lady and Chairman Hillamao, what the fuck do you expect?

Turmoil is almost necessary.

I mean they rigged it for Hilary. And got caught. There's got to be a time of upheaval after something like that.

It may not shake out for the better, but the party definitely needs a tear down before any build up

The Democrats are a completely garbage party. The only reason why the Republicans keep winning is because the Democrats suck so hard. The Republican are no prize.

The Democrats are a completely garbage party. The only reason why the Republicans keep winning is because the Democrats suck so hard. The Republican are no prize.
Yes, at this point in time the Republicans are actually the less sucky party. And they are pretty damn sucktacular.

The dnc needs some work but they're in the same shape the republicans are in as far as national elections go.

I don't understand this. The democrats are trying to gut healthcare, Medicare, social security and give the biggest tax benefit to the top earners.

The republicans suck way more when it comes to policy. But yeah the democrats need some fresh blood as well

The dnc needs some work but they're in the same shape the republicans are in as far as national elections go.

Not from a voter standpoint. DNC has to worry about progressive shift voters swaying to 3rd party. Republicans, while they seem conflicted on the house floor, don't have to worry about their voters floundering like the DNC does.

Not from a voter standpoint. DNC has to worry about progressive shift voters swaying to 3rd party. Republicans, while they seem conflicted on the house floor, don't have to worry about their voters floundering like the DNC does.

Well I'm talking for the presidency. They have trump now who they all hate but outside of him they have no one who is electable on the national stage.

I also believe the way they've treated healthcare this year is gonna hurt them as well. The turn outs across the country at local town halls was a good indicator of that. time will tell if people remember that when it comes time to vote though

And yes there could be some break off of voters but even in the past election we saw 60k votes sway a presidential election

Well I'm talking for the presidency. They have trump now who they all hate but outside of him they have no one who is electable on the national stage.

I also believe the way they've treated healthcare this year is gonna hurt them as well. The turn outs across the country at local town halls was a good indicator of that. time will tell if people remember that when it comes time to vote though

And yes there could be some break off of voters but even in the past election we saw 60k votes sway a presidential election

Rep Voters don't hate trump, the overwhelming supported him the primaries -- even with his rhetoric he even managed to do better in minority voting than past 2 republican nominees.

And yes, within the RNC there may be dissension as well, but that took place during 2016 and didn't translate to voters. Whatever strife lays within the RNC is not spilling over into the voters -- while you have a substantial amount of DNC voters who showed ire with the progressive / establishment split.

Seems like the DNC isn't trying to work with the progressive block, but rather pushing their more notable members to the side. With knowing how fervent their supporters are, looks like they are on track to split voters come 2020

Rep Voters don't hate trump, the overwhelming supported him the primaries -- even with his rhetoric he even managed to do better in minority voting than past 2 republican nominees.

And yes, within the RNC there may be dissension as well, but that took place during 2016 and didn't translate to voters. Whatever strife lays within the RNC is not spilling over into the voters -- while you have a substantial amount of DNC voters who showed ire with the progressive / establishment split.

Seems like the DNC isn't trying to work with the progressive block, but rather pushing their more notable members to the side. With knowing how fervent their supporters are, looks like they are on track to split voters come 2020

No of course his voting base doesn't hate him. I was talking about republican politicians (senators and reps) I don't think like him at all. Or very few are attaching their cart to him.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post but I do think what I said earlier is true. National level they have no one worth running. They have trump and that's it. Everyone else they trot out there happens to be garbage. Pence doesn't stand a chance. Cruz is hated. Rubio no one cares about. Etc et etc

And once again I think the HC thing hurts them. Maybe we'll see seats flipping but people forget things easily these days

No, they aren't. At least from what I am seeing. They are having a tough time fund-raising, and this at a time when passions are running high because of Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-trails-rnc-in-july-fundraising-by-over-6m/

Also, I think the republicans have a much deeper bench from which to select candidates right now, given their large majorities in most state and local governments.

No of course his voting base doesn't hate him. I was talking about republican politicians (senators and reps) I don't think like him at all. Or very few are attaching their cart to him.

I think you are spot on here. It would be hilarious to see the RNC run some primary candidates against Trump if he seeks reelection. Won't happen, but I can dream, right?

I don't disagree with the rest of your post but I do think what I said earlier is true. National level they have no one worth running. They have trump and that's it. Everyone else they trot out there happens to be garbage. Pence doesn't stand a chance. Cruz is hated. Rubio no one cares about. Etc et etc

And once again I think the HC thing hurts them. Maybe we'll see seats flipping but people forget things easily these days

Well the point is how dissension within the party spills over with voters. Thus far it has impacted the DNC immensely (see: Bernie or bust crowd -- booing at the convention -- and progressive on here freaking out of Jack V.)

This thread is just pointing out that the strife is still continuing among the DNC so that may also spill over -- it already has if you're reading the comments on twitter. left leaners were livid with DNC favoriting Hillary and it seems like establishment is still rigging it to favor themselves.

But yeah, if we take this to the Marco level, Trumpism may affect future RNC voters -- but i doubt it. There problem is keeping rust belt voters happy which is also a big deal but separate to this thread. Unless we bring up the possibility that they leave the DNC and RNC completely and back some 3rd party en masses

We need viable third party options.
A genuine Eisenhower era conservative party should break off from the GOP and Sanders should start a new third party .

A genuine Eisenhower era conservative party should break off from the GOP and Sanders should start a new third party .

Unless you had a parliamentary system and got rid of the Senate you would never, ever get anything passed in congress.

No, they aren't. At least from what I am seeing. They are having a tough time fund-raising, and this at a time when passions are running high because of Trump.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-trails-rnc-in-july-fundraising-by-over-6m/

Also, I think the republicans have a much deeper bench from which to select candidates right now, given their large majorities in most state and local governments.

I think you are spot on here. It would be hilarious to see the RNC run some primary candidates against Trump if he seeks reelection. Won't happen, but I can dream, right?

Nationally I don't think they have any viable candidates outside of trump for the White House. Who do you think is electable on the national stage? They usually trot out a bunch of stooges and this session we got trump. Other than him I don't see much nationally

Locally sure I can see things your way.

Yes, at this point in time the Republicans are actually the less sucky party. And they are pretty damn sucktacular.

This is such a spectacularly stupid statement, normatively speaking.

The Democrats suck, but the modern GOP is the most corrupt and homogeneously unscrupulous major party in the world. Literally every single one of their policies and every single attempt at legislation is geared toward giving money and power to the ultra-rich, to the detriment of anyone else. Accordingly, they're a fundraising juggernaut, and with modern campaign finance apparatuses, the Democratic Party had to build their own sleaziness to hang. And its combating that sleaziness that is causing its current divisions.

There is not a single Eisenhower Republican in Congress, and very few exist in the populace.

Trump represented zero policy change. The GOP is the same as it was before, only now with some vaguely protectionist flavor.

Nationally I don't think they have any viable candidates outside of trump for the White House. Who do you think is electable on the national stage? They usually trot out a bunch of stooges and this session we got trump. Other than him I don't see much nationally

Locally sure I can see things your way.

There will never be a shortage of Republicans who can be elected. Rubio and Kasich would have beaten Clinton much more thoroughly than Trump did.

Well the point is how dissension within the party spills over with voters. Thus far it has impacted the DNC immensely (see: Bernie or bust crowd -- booing at the convention -- and progressive on here freaking out of Jack V.)

This thread is just pointing out that the strife is still continuing among the DNC so that may also spill over -- it already has if you're reading the comments on twitter. left leaners were livid with DNC favoriting Hillary and it seems like establishment is still rigging it to favor themselves.

But yeah, if we take this to the Marco level, Trumpism may affect future RNC voters -- but i doubt it. There problem is keeping rust belt voters happy which is also a big deal but separate to this thread. Unless we bring up the possibility that they leave the DNC and RNC completely and back some 3rd party en masses

Oh sure I don't disagree with that point at all. Dissension would be a bad thing for the democrats. Splitting votes wouldn't be a positive thing for them at all. Although I think that would be different if they ran someone other than Hillary against sanders.

I don't think Trumpism effects their future but outside of him they don't have nationally likable candidates for the White House.

Locally is a different story, things can change there even with some dissension because of things like healthcare. People were very vocal about that this year and I think if they want to turn a seat they'll come out and vote for a moderate democrat even if they're progressive.

Back