Disruptive advertising getting out of hand?

emul8ter25

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I feel the disruptive advertising on this site is getting out of hand. I realize you need to generate revenue to pay for the site, but when it becomes so disruptive you lose readership over it, thats a problem.

I feel the disruptive advertising on this site is getting out of hand. I realize you need to generate revenue to pay for the site, but when it becomes so disruptive you lose readership over it, thats a problem.

1) Install firefox

2) install the addon AdBlock Plus

3) install the addon Noscript

Problem solved.

Or if you post a lot from work and don't have that luxury, you could always go plat.

Never heard this thread before.

The cover page ad that takes over the screen completley for The Expendables is too much.

And I don't think I should have to go and install a whole new browser with addons just to be able to view a page becasue they have lost their minds and are covering up all the content(which is what brings me here to begin with) with a bunch of ads.

The cover page ad that takes over the screen completley for The Expendables is too much.

And I don't think I should have to go and install a whole new browser with addons just to be able to view a page becasue they have lost their minds and are covering up all the content(which is what brings me here to begin with) with a bunch of ads.

Learn to use your mouse properly.

I don't know what to tell you, these people are paying for the advertising space, and this site isn't going to just not take money from these people to please a few posters.

Learn to use your mouse properly.

Lets see where my mouse skill screw up. I click the close option and it closes and then it reappears. I have my mouse pointer over the headline article and never get any near a float over to spawn a pop up ad.

So ohh genius of the interwebs what exactly does my mouse skills have to do with anything.

Back