Disrespect or Speech Impediment?

TheNorseMen

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Maybe speech impediment was taking it too far, however I find it ridiculous that Pat Miletich cannot pronounce Chris Weidman's last name correctly given the fact he has obviously heard his name quite often since Chris became champion. See interview below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLG4EGR7_Jw

Sorry for the link, but the youtube embedder doesn't seem to like me.

'Chris Weeder-man' lol.

I don't think it's disrespect or a speech impediment, he's probably just unaware that he's saying it wrong.

'Chris Weeder-man' lol.

I don't think it's disrespect or a speech impediment, he's probably just unaware that he's saying it wrong.

Kind like how for years sherdoggers have been pronouncing Mir as meer when the correct pronounciation is muhr as demonstrated by Brock Lesnar, who of course was ridiculed by the sherdog masses despite being correct.

Kind like how for years sherdoggers have been pronouncing Mir as meer when the correct pronounciation is muhr as demonstrated by Brock Lesnar, who of course was ridiculed by the sherdog masses despite being correct.

Frank mir himself, when referring to himself in the third person as he often does, calls himself 'meer'

Speaking of Mir, Someone asked me once. No joke.

"What would you think of frank Mir if his last name was spelled meer"

Frank mir himself, when referring to himself in the third person as he often does, calls himself 'meer'

He used call himself Murr...

[YT]ac75ZNlj1d0[/YT]

He probably decided to hell with it everybody else him "Meer" and calls himself that now.

A lot of people don't pay attention to detail.

Well you think when you are a sports & entertainment commentator / analyst it would be a large part of your job description to pay attention to detail such as a champion's last name.

Well you think when you are a sports & entertainment commentator / analyst it would be a large part of your job description to pay attention to detail such as a champion's last name.

One thing that bothers me about InsideMMA, BAS is great with it but Kenny seems as if he's never taken a second to learn people's names. He screws up everything that isn't simple. You know the stories beforehand, so spend the time reading the script and trying to get things right.

As for Pat, he has to know how to pronounce Chris's name, but sometimes you know, you know, and then it just comes out wrong. Like when someone tries to teach you a word and they can say it properly but you just can't get it out right, Mikey and Machida both said it right and then seconds later he said it his way again.

I think it's just overlooking his last name. I notice that people that know others with a close to or similar name tend to screw up other peoples last names. I think someone is overly sensitive about the whole thing. Nothing to worry about unless he is getting interviewed and keeps saying it. :icon_chee

Hahahah, damn funny!

Like americans know how to pronounce anything not american. Welcome to our world, buddy!

Came into this thread expecting some sort of nonsense.
It did not disappoint.

ball peen hammer

I think it's just overlooking his last name. I notice that people that know others with a close to or similar name tend to screw up other peoples last names. I think someone is overly sensitive about the whole thing. Nothing to worry about unless he is getting interviewed and keeps saying it. :icon_chee

I used to screw up Ann Coulter because of Randy Couture, and non MMA people would look at me like wtf?

It's like people saying idear for idea.. its a speech thing

Francisco MIRanda is real or ?

Like mandariiinaaaaa

Michael cro cop was one if the best

Back