Economy Discord Bans bans the r/WallStreetBets server,Wall Street is panicking over Gamestop?

You're grasping ElCunto.

At the time of the speaking engagement, Yellen was the FORMER Treasury Secretary, for a party that was no longer in power. At the time of the first sessions they had no way of knowing that Biden was going to win office, and they definitely had no idea that Janet would get her old job back.
Time moves in one direction, regardless of whatever existential bullshit you might see on TV.
Do you think they'd pay her big bucks on the off chance that the Dems would win a close election, and that Biden would give her the job just so that she could quid pro quo some assistance in just in case of this eventuality? Giver your fucking head a shake.

The ability to mine the former Treasury Secretary's brain, has great value to a financial company. What is the going rate to have the former Treasury Secretary keynote your conference? Keep in mind that this isn't your local grower's association, this is a company that controls 33 Billion in assets ffs.

Yellen was not in breach of anything accepting the speaking gigs, it's actually incredibly common in post political service. You want to see corruption, so it's easy for you to turn off your critical thinking and buy the Breitbart line. It's called confirmation bias.

I'm not what you'd call a Yellen fan, she's boring, fugly and has horrific hair. It has NOT, however, been demonstrated that she's done anything out of line in this scenario.
I’m not sure how to even respond to such utter nonsense
She’s the treasury secretary right now. She took money from a hedge fund that is involved in the short squeeze. Your time traveling and excuses are so absurd they don’t deserve any further debating

I can't wait to see what happens next week with Robinhood and those hedge fund fucks. Probably a lot of misinformation and fake news about people selling. The 5 million reddit warriors will hold strong and make those fucks bleed.
What's the situation right now? Too late to join in, right?

prediction.

We have a HUGE flash crash in the broad market and Big Tech, Wall Street and the MSM will blame it on this.

Also they’ll keep calling this “financial terrorism” and call for more regulations(ex:you need more licensing to trade; a degree and annually paid renewal licensing etc.) and it’ll all be “for our safety”

How the fuck is this in the billions?
They were shorting GameStop that much and relying on that?

Shorting is stupid anyway and shouldn’t be allowed.
Players got played.

How the fuck is this in the billions?
They were shorting GameStop that much and relying on that?

Shorting is stupid anyway and shouldn’t be allowed.
Players got played.
They shorted 140% of the float. Which is perfect for a short squeeze. They also used like 10x leverage for this. Which was basically in 50s terminology, cruising for a bruising

I’m glad they got effed because it shouldn’t have been allowed in the first place. Shorts make no sense unless you’re gaming the system.

But it’s pretty telling that when someone other than a billion dollar company “fixes” the system it’s immediately shutdown and called fraud.

I'm getting more certain that this GameStop stuff is manipulation by people within WallStreetBets and some key people recently it has been shown that Chewy founder had a 10 percent stake who took his 75 million dollar investment and turned it to 1.3 billion within a short time some say 90 million dollars a day jump. Then there was someone who shown they made 47 million dollar jump on a $50,000 call at 20 cents a share 147,000 percent gain. There are a ton of these stories coming out mostly from the Valley one has to be a least curious how this all came about and see how so many people jumped into it. You create a run on a stock by stoking an evil enemy that you are fighting getting litterally 1,000's to 10's of thousands if not more some say 50 percent of users of Robinhood they believe in the message. Before people rage on one has to at least see where these instant millionaires and billionaires got their start investing in a largely weaken stock.

Last edited:
I'm getting more certain that this GameStop stuff is manipulation by people within WallStreetBets and some key people recently it has been shown that Chewy founder had a 10 percent stake who took his 75 million dollar investment and turned it to 1.3 billion within a short time some say 90 million dollars a day jump. Then there was someone who shown they made 37 million dollar jump on a $50,000 call at 20 cents a share. There are a ton of these stories coming out mostly from the Valley one has to be a least curious how this all came about and see how so many people jumped into it. You create a run on a stock by stoking an evil enemy that you are fighting getting litterally 1,000's to 10's of thousands if not more some say 50 percent of users of Robinhood they believe in the message. Before people rage on one has to at least see where these instant millionaires and billionaires got their start investing in a largely weaken stock.

It’s obviously going to drop.
You still have to find people to buy. Are people really buying at the price it’s at now?

It’s obviously going to drop.
You still have to find people to buy. Are people really buying at the price it’s at now?
Apparently yes it went up yesterday by over 120 dollars I believe.

Update: Just checked it's up 131 dollars right now.

I think it’s great. Artificially raise a stock and make tens of thousands for a lot of people.

It’s literally the same thing billionaires do but on a smaller scale.

I think it’s great. Artificially raise a stock and make tens of thousands for a lot of people.

It’s literally the same thing billionaires do but on a smaller scale.
I agree but how many have actually made out big? There are still people buying in at 200 plus dollars who could see their money wiped out within a day. Many supporters are telling people still keep up the fight. Sounds good and I agree short sellers are a scab on companies.

I'm getting more certain that this GameStop stuff is manipulation by people within WallStreetBets

i mean, duh.

'hey, you! it's us vs wall street! buy shares, don't ever sell!'
*buys calls*

I agree but how many have actually made out big? There are still people buying in at 200 plus dollars who could see their money wiped out within a day. Many supporters are telling people still keep up the fight. Sounds good and I agree short sellers are a scab on companies.

Yeah, I feel bad for the people jumping in at this high price that won’t last long.

Reminds me of an ex that thought she had more money just because they raised her limit on her credit card.

Seems like a reasonable piece, which bit did you take issue with?

It seems that they're trying to make "some people lose money on the stock market" out to be some new phenomenon which is connected to WSB. People were making bad decisions on the stock market long before WSB was a thing.

Chamath Palihapitiya has basically called this momentum trading not trading on fundamentals just trading on hype Chamath has made billions trading on hype early investments in bitcoin, Tesla, Amazon and Facebook "He was a VP at Facebook I believe one time". He has become the face of this style of momentum trading. Sounds good on paper but for those of us who lived through the internet bubble of the 90's see many similarities happening but supercharged. Companies with pretty much zero chance at profitability are being prop up by hype this is the type of action that gets a lot of people burned and calling for SEC action as well as Fed raising rates. It seems great right now but these things tend to turn bad quickly unfortunately. Is it correct no because it seems whenever people finally have something good it's always taken away "IE fed action".

After this Tom getting ready to try to relaunch Woodstock LOL. Look at the contrast between Kernen and Tom. Joe looks like he is pushing out a log and Tom looks like he getting ready to light up and smoke a big fatty.

He's right but it's Tom Friedman everyone hates him that's why he has a split on like and unlikes.

Back