• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Economy Discord Bans bans the r/WallStreetBets server,Wall Street is panicking over Gamestop?

This is gonna be hard for you to believe but if you shed all the emotion you have towards Trump and look at his track record and why he was so popular, you'd realize he was a Populist candidate and establishment politicians (from both sides) hated him

Ah, who am I kidding? You're never going to drop all that emotion you have towards him.

<{Heymansnicker}>
I think you need to take a closer look at the tax cuts and jobs act of 2017.

K. That's what I thought. You are a corpo bootlicker.

K hopefully one day soulless hacks like yourself will figure out what it's like to have real principals and the balls to stick with them. Not today, but one day I'm sure :rolleyes:

And we get to fuck some rich pricks lives up and possibly make a few bucks. Did I mention that I really like the stock?
Ultimately, you have to sell the stock to make money. The easy short squeeze has already happened, and there are a handful of hedgefunds that now need to close their positions in the next few business days. At least one has already has done so, so there is less "mandatory" wall street money buoying the price, and that will increasingly dry up over the next few business days. Other funds may have obligations - a lot do, given how heavily shorted gamestop was and is - but unless they have serious margin problems, those obligations are spread over months. So the influx of WS money is going to slow significantly. And, as short positions close, that frees up those shares to close other short positions.

Essentially, unless you are exceptionally lucky, most of the rich guys who were going to lose money on this have already done so.

Last edited:
I never said there was anything wrong with it, but don't try to sell me the bullshit story that they're trying to save gamestop.

Lol I never said anything like that man. They are just trying to make money just like the institutional investors who tried shorting gamestop into the ground. I was just stating a fact about Gamestop getting a new CEO and restructuring. So they aren't necessarily going away.

Time isn't on their side. They have to pay premiums to keep those short positions open. Tomorrow they are gonna get hit for billions in premiums. Time benefits us. It costs nothing to hold shares. The hedge funds have to choose between paying whatever price you demand for your shares, or letting themselves bleed to bankruptcy from premiums.
so they're using leveraged positions I take it, I really dont know how big banks trade and a put would be the only way to lose right? I've only shorted futures, and there's no real time factor

Lol I never said anything like that man. They are just trying to make money just like the institutional investors who tried shorting gamestop into the ground. I was just stating a fact about Gamestop getting a new CEO and restructuring. So they aren't necessarily going away.

The person I quoted on the post you responded to.. did say that.

K hopefully one day soulless hacks like yourself will figure out what it's like to have real principals and the balls to stick with them. Not today, but one day I'm sure :rolleyes:

Its adorable that you consider mass censorship of the internet because people traded a stock that lost Wall Street money to be "principles".

This filthy-rich guy is very angry. :mad:

More proof that the billionaire class view us all as farm animals.

Quantitative easing to pay for rent and food = bullshit.

Quanitative easing to pay for sharebuybacks = swell

Regulation on derivative investment vehicles for the upper class = bad

Restrictions of liquidity of lower and middle class capital = good

Ultimately, you have to sell the stock to make money. The easy short squeeze has already happened, and there are a handful of hedgefunds that now need to close their positions in the next few business days. At least one has already has done so, so there is less "mandatory" wall street money buoying the price, and that will increasingly dry up over the next few business days. Other funds may have obligations - a lot do, given how heavily shorted gamestop was - but unless they have serious margin problems, those obligations are spread over months. So the influx of WS money is going to slow significantly. And, as short positions close, that frees up those shares to close other short positions.

Essentially, unless you are exceptionally lucky, most of the rich guys who were going to lose money on this have already done so.

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GME
Short interest is still 120%. The squeeze has barely started. That's why they are freaking out. Wall Street didn't pull out over fucking stop, open themselves to billions in lawsuits, and bring the ire of Congress on them because "its almost over". They did it because it hasn't even started.

Last edited:
The increase in value was artificial, I didn't say the stock's value was artificial.

<TheDonald>

No point in continuing to argue this, but you literally said artificially increase the value of a stock. If you meant the company fine, but you said the value of the stock. As I mentioned in another post, the majority of what happens on wall street is betting on bets. This is no different. If you have something someone else needs, it has value.

so they're using leveraged positions I take it, I really dont know how big banks trade and a put would be the only way to lose right? I've only shorted futures, and there's no real time factor

When you borrow a stock (short), you have to be a periodic principle to keep that position open. You don't just get to borrow it and pay it back whenever you want at no cost. And the higher the share price goes, the higher the principle is.

The increase in value was artificial, I didn't say the stock's value was artificial.

<TheDonald>

And you are simply wrong about it being artifical. The hedge funds have to buy those shares to keep their funds from going bankrupt due to premiums. We are holding something that a multi-billion dollar company absolutely must have to not go bankrupt. That adds value to that something.

Shorting a stock doesn't make the company do badly. It's a bet that the company will do badly, but does not (generally) have a direct effect on the company itself. Sometimes, short sellers will present public arguments that a company will do badly, which can hurt the company's ability to raise money, but an institutional investor shorting gamestop does not hurt gamestop, which, at the end of the day, is a massive corporation with a famously obnoxious and increasingly obsolete business model. There's nothing inherently wrong with shorting gamestop, just like there would be nothing inherently wrong with shorting walmart.

Its adorable that you consider mass censorship of the internet because people traded a stock that lost Wall Street money to be "principles".

I consider moderation of private platforms in accordance with the constitution a "principal" that is correct.

Jesus just grow some balls and be consistent with your beliefs. You were cheerleading Trump and wallstreet for years you hack. Truly pathetic.

And you are simply wrong about it being artifical. The hedge funds have to buy those shares to keep their funds from going bankrupt due to premiums. We are holding something that a multi-billion dollar company absolutely must have to not go bankrupt. That adds value to that something.

And the only reason they had to do that is because people bought the stock for no real reason related to the company's performance or assets... just to spite short sellers who are also artificially impacting the value to a lesser degree.

Lol sure he was kiddo. With all his tax cuts and wall street appointments and lobbyists filling key positions. I bet you believe in Santa too <45>

I think you need to take a closer look at the tax cuts and jobs act of 2017.
So this tells me neither of you actually took time to look up how things changed during his term. You guys just pick out 1-2 things and think that's all he did during his term?

<36>

Hate him or like him, before the pandemic, he improved the economy a lot.

Under him, millions of new jobs were created, middle-class families' income went up $6k, the unemployment rate dropped (in every demo), poverty rates reached a record low, he took strong actions against trade practices that were unfair for this country, he authorized billions of dollars of aid for farmers.

He put in place policies to help former inmates reintegrate back into society, lowering recidivism as well as the crime rate.

If you don't believe anything I said, go search for yourself. It's a long list, not two things ("uhhh, he appointed Wall Street dudes, he's totally establishment, man!")

Back