Disappointed in Thiago and Matt

IamTheHero

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I finally got around to watching Fight Nigith 29.

Anybody else watch Thiago Silva and Matt Hamill and wonder WTF is up with both of these guys? I am a fan of both of them, and I had high hopes for both of them. I watched Matt since TUF. I recently became a big fan of Thiago Silva in his last fight. I acknowledge that they're both a bit limited in their own ways but I expected more out of them.

In his last fight, Thiago looked like a fucking destroyer. He is admittedly slow and lacks cardio but he is a hard hitter with a great chin and killer instinct. In this fight, he showed up fat, with pathetic cardio, and no follow-through on his attacks.

In the past, Matt has had unstoppable takedowns with good cardio. In this fight, he was too undertrained to even keep his hands up. His takedowns were half-assed pathetic attemps that I could probably stop myself, even with just high school wrestling experience. It was completely pathetic. Both of these guys seem like they don't give a shit anymore, and it's difficult to watch as a fan. Maybe my hopes were too high, but I wanted to see a Thiago Silva title fight within a year or two. I was hoping Hamill could string together a few more wins. As it stands, both of these guys might be at the end of it.

Very disappointed as this was the last chance to rejuvenate careers with so much promise especially in Silva.

Okay, Thiago didn't have the cardio, but he was still a fucking Killer.

Even though gassed, he still kicked the shit out of Matt's legs at the end of the 3rd.

He could have been a passive fighter and danced his way to a UD, but he stayed aggressive as hell.

That ref was about 1 or 2 kicks away from stopping the fight.

Okay, Thiago didn't have the cardio, but he was still a fucking Killer.

Even though gassed, he still kicked the shit out of Matt's legs at the end of the 3rd.

He could have been a passive fighter and danced his way to a UD, but he stayed aggressive as hell.

That ref was about 1 or 2 kicks away from stopping the fight.

Everything you say is correct but if he had the heart and cardio he could have finished Matt in the first or second. that is what's disappointing about this performance. He could be much more but instead he was flabby and took a shitty decision when he had Matt completely broken

Thiago showed up out of shape and that was really disappointing.

Well you gotta remember Hamill was retired the year before and pretty much only came back as a late replacement for the UFC some time ago.

Hamill's striking actually looked better than it ever had in the first round and he still showed off his great chin and heart for toughing out that fight.

Unfortunately, his gas tank stayed retired though.

Hamil with unstoppable take downs? You might want to go back and review his old fights. The man has never been one to follow through with his attacks.

The most moving part of the fight was when Silva's huge cornerman told him not to let him down. Silva responded with an emphatic "Never!" that gave me chills. Wow.

most fights the fighters gassed out maybe its due to the altitude level,,( could have googled it but cbb.) also silva punished hamill and was an exciting fight just bcoz he couldnt finish him doesnt mean the fight sucked.

Unfortunately, his gas tank stayed retired though.

Pretty much this.

It's a shame, too, for both guys. Thiago had a chance to go on a serious roll, possibly toward contention, with an impressive win here and blew it by showing up out of shape. Hamill, on the other hand, started out promisingly enough with a noticeably improved boxing game, but did a shitty job of mixing up his attacks or attempting to chain his wrestling together and gassed out even worse than Silva.

Hamill's gas tank has been shit since he has come out of retirement. If he doesn't work on it he's not gonna stick around the UFC much longer, and rightfully so. I'll be rooting for him, though.

One of the VERY few fights were I was a tiny bit embarrassed to be an MMA fan. I admittedly dont know much about boxing but for some reason I have the belief you would never see a performance like that on a boxing PPV..

I finally got around to watching Fight Nigith 29.

Anybody else watch Thiago Silva and Matt Hamill and wonder WTF is up with both of these guys? I am a fan of both of them, and I had high hopes for both of them. I watched Matt since TUF. I recently became a big fan of Thiago Silva in his last fight. I acknowledge that they're both a bit limited in their own ways but I expected more out of them.

In his last fight, Thiago looked like a fucking destroyer. He is admittedly slow and lacks cardio but he is a hard hitter with a great chin and killer instinct. In this fight, he showed up fat, with pathetic cardio, and no follow-through on his attacks.

In the past, Matt has had unstoppable takedowns with good cardio. In this fight, he was too undertrained to even keep his hands up. His takedowns were half-assed pathetic attemps that I could probably stop myself, even with just high school wrestling experience. It was completely pathetic. Both of these guys seem like they don't give a shit anymore, and it's difficult to watch as a fan. Maybe my hopes were too high, but I wanted to see a Thiago Silva title fight within a year or two. I was hoping Hamill could string together a few more wins. As it stands, both of these guys might be at the end of it.

I agree with most of the other stuff, but that one part is laughable.

Hamill has no business in the UFC.

Too bad Thiago couldn't finish Matt "Lean over with my hands on my knees, waiting to be KTFO" Hammil.

Hamill should have been finished for sure. He was literally a standing punching bag for like 2 full minutes at one point.

Really poor performance from Thiago but it shows how bad Hamill is/was, that it was still enough to decisively win.

Silva showed up overweight, bad camp maybe. Hammil has looked shit in both his post retirement fights, should have stayed retired.

Does anyone know if Silva was injured?? Also Hammil should retire, hes painful to watch.

Thiago had a bad weight cut. I actually was kinda impressed that he didn't give up and kept walking forward even though he was breathing heavily since round 1.

Hamill on the other hand was exactly what I expected him to be, I don't see how anyone can be disappointed by that guy at this point. He just doesn't have it anymore.

Hamill's standup was markedly improved...but he totally gassed out. Both guys need to work on their cardio.

Back