Disappointed Bad Chad fan here

TheRainSong

Purple Belt
Reaction score
But I'll give credit when it's due, Pascal won handily. Bad Chad just didn't seem like himself that night, he looked really timid and cautious particularly in the early rounds and never really let his hands go. Oh well, it sucks to get your first L but he's a great fighter and I'm sure he'll be back.

He definitely didn't look like himself, even though he has never been a very aggressive guy. He was even losing rounds when Pascal was totally gassed and looking to rest.

There is definitely no dispute that he lost, but I still have to question the timing of the stoppage. The cut was bad....kinda.....but there was only 1.5 rounds left in a fight where the momentum was clearly changing. I really wanted to see if Dawson could have pulled off the KO/TKO cuz Pascal has tons of heart, great chin, and is resilient as hell - would have been a great come from behind win or at least he could have shown some championship heart down the stretch. we might be talking about him differently if the fight had continued, whether he pulled it off or not.

he got WORKED.... and doesn't sound like he learned much from the fight listening to his interview with Merchant after the fight and his comments since then. frustrating as a fan

He definitely didn't look like himself, even though he has never been a very aggressive guy. He was even losing rounds when Pascal was totally gassed and looking to rest.

There is definitely no dispute that he lost, but I still have to question the timing of the stoppage. The cut was bad....kinda.....but there was only 1.5 rounds left in a fight where the momentum was clearly changing. I really wanted to see if Dawson could have pulled off the KO/TKO cuz Pascal has tons of heart, great chin, and is resilient as hell - would have been a great come from behind win or at least he could have shown some championship heart down the stretch. we might be talking about him differently if the fight had continued, whether he pulled it off or not.

he got WORKED.... and doesn't sound like he learned much from the fight listening to his interview with Merchant after the fight and his comments since then. frustrating as a fan

I dunno, that was a fairly brutal cut in one of the worst places to get one. The stoppage was fair. 1.5 rounds is far more then enough time to go blind. If it was on the forehead or under the eye it would of been a different story.

He should have used Fedor's line. He who does not fall does not stand back up (or whatever the fuck it was!)

Me and the homie are now calling dawson 'the fogy killer'
But hes still the shit Pascal just nutrulised that ass

Dawson looked flat from the opening bell. I still don't understand his strategy going into this one. He and his corner knew damn well that he wasn't going to get a dec in Montreal unless it was a one sided affair.

Too passive even when we saw Pascal didn't handle pressure well. If Dawson had a belt on the line, he deserved to lose it that night with that performance. I still like Dawson but Saturday was abysmal.

I actualy had it even going into the 11th and im not that much of a Dawson fan, I don't think Pascal was landing with much were as Chad was and controling more. I think Dawson wins a rematch clearly in the US.

I had it 7-4 Pascal. But with the Shots Dawson was landing I really wouldn't have been surprised to see Dawson take him out had that fight gone on.

I was so frustrated being a Dawson fan, to see him content to let Pascal get off whenever he wanted and not fire back. This fight should have looked like Tarver/Jones with Dawson keeping Pascal on the ropes with his punches, disrupting Pascal's rhythm. But I was more than impressed with Pascal being able to make most of those exchanges count, and he obviously has mad heart for gutting out being gassed like that for 6+ rounds.

But then in the 11th, Dawson really looked like he wanted to finish something for the first time in his career, and he rocked Pascal with a left just before the butt.

Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch to be honest, but props to Pascal.

Bute kills both of 'em, btw.

I actualy had it even going into the 11th and im not that much of a Dawson fan, I don't think Pascal was landing with much were as Chad was and controling more. I think Dawson wins a rematch clearly in the US.

I didn't see it anywhere near even... Dawson might have been controlling the ring, but his lack of offense made it impossible for me to give him any of the early rounds... I'm usually not a fan of a fighter winning a round in the last ten or twenty seconds, but it seemed like Dawson let it happen to him by just refusing to fight

dawson looks like johnson might have rosario'd him

I think he will rebound and win his next couple fights.

Back