• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Din Thomas: I give up on fighting. I don't know anything about fighting.

You've got 228 likes with 6536 messages, for crying out load.
One, I had way more than that but I have been off Sherdog for several years so they go away.

Two, what does that matter. Oh, you're on of those people who use likes and other BS to determine someone's validation. You gotta love the social media era.

Din Thomas is writing a best seller
"MMA Body Language for dummies"

Most of the commentary and analysis would be fine if they weren't so extra and dramatic and hyperbolic. Like just say that's not a good sign. Leon could be breaking from Usman's pressure. May be too late for Edwards but this mma. You never know.

I thought it was a fair assessment and didn’t think about fighters avoiding eye contact with their corner. Besides round 1 Leon didn’t offer much resistance so I agreed. Ultimately Din ate crow along with the Rogan, DC, and Anik.

One, I had way more than that but I have been off Sherdog for several years so they go away.

Two, what does that matter. Oh, you're on of those people who use likes and other BS to determine someone's validation. You gotta love the social media era.
You're the one starting to believe in your own hype and thinking you're the shit after some idiot's compliment on Sherdog.

He wasn't wrong though. Usman just stopped pressuring for some reason.

leon was far from broken

he was losing the fight, sure, but he was doing what he usually does, and that is seemingly coasting along the fight. His moment of desperation just doesn't seem like it.

He made a fair assessment based on what he saw and his knowledge in the sport. Hail Mary moves/plays are called that for a reason: you’re praying that your desperation move will work.

Din knows. He seen that look in Woodley before....

Leon just has a perma scared and looking off not making eye contact thing when in the cage. He just doesn’t look fierce at all. It’s just how he looks lol

Din had it all wrong. Leon was just trying to gas him out.

Din mostly says good stuff. And this is what we were all thinking.

For those who are wondering:

Grown men actually go by the "no eye contact" shit? Because the Emelianenkos are so broken before every fight?

Even if some fighter has pre-fight jitters, it doesn't mean a thing. It's perfectly normal having the jitters before fighting in front of a crowd. The jitters go away as soon as the fight begins.

Glad that Leon shut everyone up in the commentary last night. It ain't over til it's over. He learned that from Nate.

He knows a lot about fighting. He just knows nothing about body language.

No one knows shit about fuck. That's what makes the sport fun.

Maybe all these analysts and commentators should just shut the fuck up and stop trying to extrapolate an entire narrative from a small detail. They really need to let things play out and quit pretending to be fortune tellers.

Back