• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Din Thomas, do you want some?

What do you think a boxer would do if mounted by a grappler?

Obviously he would never get mounted because he would KO the grappler before it hit the floor. And even if it did, he could eye gouge him or hit him in the nuts and get up. /sarcasm

What do you think a boxer would do if mounted by a grappler?

Honestly it depends on the individual and what they are willing to do to defend themselves. It is obvious that the guy on the floor was not very athletic or tough to begin with and just wanted to talk shit. What Hall did worked. Doesn't mean it works every time.

Honestly it depends on the individual and what they are willing to do to defend themselves. It is obvious that the guy on the floor was not very athletic or tough to begin with and just wanted to talk shit. What Hall did worked. Doesn't mean it works every time.
Apart from pulling out a gun and shooting the grappler in the face, the boxer is fucked. He would spaz out and get punched in the face or roll over and expose his back. I can't believe I'm having this conversation in 2013.

Apart from pulling out a gun and shooting the grappler in the face, the boxer is fucked. He would spaz out and get punched in the face or roll over and expose his back. I can't believe I'm having this conversation in 2013.

it depends on the individual and the situation but i guess in your world everything is cut and dry. something that works against one person does not necessarily work against another.

what does Mr Mount do in this situation(in the link)...it is a street fight something completely unpredictable. I cannot answer your questions.

Listen I am not trying to argue I just dont think there is a perfect technique or a perfect recipe for fighting on the street. All I know is you better be a bad ass mofo ready to dish it out and take it- if youre not then you better stay home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXKepK66ho

Last edited:
it depends on the individual and the situation but i guess in your world everything is cut and dry. something that works against one person does not necessarily work against another.

what does Mr Mount do in this situation(in the link)...it is a street fight something completely unpredictable. I cannot answer your questions.
Well, he's probably fucked, but he would be in no worse shape than a boxer with five dudes soccer kicking him on the ground. Let's try to keep this one-on-one. Everyone knows the numbers, cheapshots, weapons, etc would win out in a true street fight.

Well, he's probably fucked, but he would be in no worse shape than a boxer with five dudes soccer kicking him on the ground. Let's try to keep this one-on-one. Everyone knows the numbers, cheapshots, weapons, etc would win out in a true street fight.

I said what I wanted to say. I dont have any clear cut answers I just know that in a street fight you cannot predict anything. If that Hall guy fought with a boxer he could of been knocked out before it got to the ground or he may have won. Who the hell knows.

This conversation is ridiculous -I am out.

remember when mikro and wanderlei had that first mixed rules match...mirko an anti terrorist squad leader and kickboxer had fear in his eyes when wand had him on his back,simply because he didnt know what to do, that said it all for me.

What would they do at that point,theyve got no training to deal with that situation

Everyone knows the numbers, cheapshots, weapons, etc would win out in a true street fight.

Now that's settled can we get away from this ridiculous arguement about what happens in a "street fight" (that we've imposed artificial rules on?).

Why are people so obsessed with what would happen to a boxer in a street fight or in an mma match.. It's ridiculous.. They are boxers. No legit boxer has or ever will leave boxing either. It pays too good, and comes with much more prestige and class at the upper echelon.

It's s simple anyways. Boxer wins in boxing. MMA'er wins in MMA. Boxer wins in street fight if MMA gy doesnt know he's a boxer, and MMA guy wins if he does know. It's all mythical fanyasy bs anyways.

What I will say though is a boxer, who has already mastered his game has a much better chance at entering MMA then someome from MMA coming into boxing. You don't beat a master at his own game, but you can always get a good punch off against a guy who is good/average at multiple disciplines. Especially if it's a stand up fighter.

Why are people so obsessed with what would happen to a boxer in a street fight or in an mma match.. It's ridiculous.. They are boxers. No legit boxer has or ever will leave boxing either. It pays too good, and comes with much more prestige and class at the upper echelon.

It's s simple anyways. Boxer wins in boxing. MMA'er wins in MMA. Boxer wins in street fight if MMA gy doesnt know he's a boxer, and MMA guy wins if he does know. It's all mythical fanyasy bs anyways.

What I will say though is a boxer, who has already mastered his game has a much better chance at entering MMA then someome from MMA coming into boxing. You don't beat a master at his own game, but you can always get a good punch off against a guy who is good/average at multiple disciplines. Especially if it's a stand up fighter.

Yup...pretty much agree 100 percent with this.

Man, really one of the most intelligent post i have ever read about the MMA-boxing theme, really a smart view, you never can beat an elite professional sportsman in his field, in sports combat of course there is always the remote possibility of a fluke, but it is unlikely

Never understood MMA and BJJ fans obsession with street fighting.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ricardo-mayorga-inks-contract-mma-bout-with-martinez--67114

By Armando Mendoza, notifight.com

George Estrada, Director of the Omega Promotions, says former champion Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga, has signed a contract to face Rene "Level" Martinez (4-0) in a Mixed Martial Arts contest on July 27th in Managua, Nicaragua. On May 4th in Managua, Mayorga made his debut in Mixed Martial Arts against Wesley Tiffer and won by TKO in the second round. But there were several issues after the match was over. For starters, Mayorga weighed in 20-pounds over the contracted limit of 165-pounds. Then during the fight Mayorga launched an illegal knee to the back of Tiffer, which made the fighter scream out in pain. At that point Tiffer was unable to continue and Mayorga was declared the TKO winner.

The Mixed Martial Arts Commission held a press conference in Managua on May 11, and chairman Ardeshir Zack Asagary announced that Mayorga's victory had been changed to a no-contest. The boxer was also suspended for three months.

Due to some legal manuevering by Carlos Mario Pe

I remember Martinez from some of his bareknuckle fights that surfaced on YouTube a few years back. It was a part of some Florida promotion that was trying to prosper off of the Kimbo YouTube-hype train, but it never really got its feet off of the ground if memory serves.

Anyway, this guy is a street fighting "legend"; as is Mayorga, except Martinez has had more MMA experience. Should be fun.

Yet, the whole of the industrial world is still asking 'Where is Din Thomas?'

Cowering in a corner, still in tremors over Mayorga's pimp hand.

Which he didn't hit Din with. That's right; Din didn't feel the true power of Mayorga's pimp force.

Just think about that for a second.

Last edited:
Who is Din Thomas?

Better yet, who the f*ck names their kid "Din"?

Back