Dillashaw Next Opponent? - Assuncao?

Topsy Kretts

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I guess this goes into... how did you score the first Dillashaw vs Assuncao fight? (SD win for Assuncao)

I had Dillashaw winning. I thought the striking was near identical, but Dillashaw got take downs and controlled more of the fight.

Cruz if he's healed up? Tough return fight for Cruz though... Dillashaw looked anything but an easy match up for Cruz. Hell.... he sort of looked like Cruz himself out there, but with a stronger ground game.

Or possibly a Barao rematch? (I don't want to see that personally, Dillashaw didn't even make it a close fight.)

TJ v Assuncao, Cruz v Barao. Winners fight in early 2015

Prefer to see Cruz get a slightly easier fight for his return...maybe Faber (not easy still and obvs Faber has beaten him once but I think it would be fun)

Definitely want TJ v Assuncao next though.

Faber fights in July though. So it should go something like this:

Dillashaw vs. Assuncao
Cruz vs. Mizugaki
Barao vs. Rivera
Faber if/when he beats Caceres then gets someone like Eduardo

T.J vs Barao
Assuanco VS Cruz for next title shot
Faber Vs Johnny Eduardo

T.J vs Barao
Assuanco VS Cruz for next title shot
Faber Vs Johnny Eduardo

Why do you need to see Barao and TJ again? Is something unsettled from the first fight? It was a straight up ass whoopin... No need for an immediate rematch.

I think that Barao would be making a mistake by rushing back to a rematch. TJ obviously has his number, he needs to regroup and change things up so he has a better shot to win the rematch. Otherwise he's going to wind up 0-2 to the reigning champ and end up in the same spot that Faber was before not able to fight the champ but good enough to beat everyone else in the division.

TJ vs assuncao. No question imo, although it will have to be a co main on a ppv or free on tv. That wont sell.

barao vs rivera. Both coming off of loses and should be a great scrap. I would like to see barao and tj rematch at some point, but renan needs a fight or two before that.

Cruz vs Delorme. Going on 3 years without a fight you have to expect they will give cruz someone of this caliber.

BW is such a shallow division with a bunch of young prospects. Beyond Barao there is no one that springs to mind to fight for the belt after assuncao. If renan wins impressively they give him the rematch.

Prefer to see Cruz get a slightly easier fight for his return...maybe Faber (not easy still and obvs Faber has beaten him once but I think it would be fun)

Definitely want TJ v Assuncao next though.

Agree, but i'd go lower than faber. It has been a long time. I'd like to see Cruz get a fringe top 10 guy. Somewhere around #8-12 in the ufc ranking. If cruz destroys him, give him a title shot. If it's a close win give him a title eliminator after.

Back